The "DREADED" Spider Crack CUE screen has happened to me.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By algiorda
  • 2 Post By learmanfl
  • 4 Post By learmanfl
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum (2010-2016) Discussion, The "DREADED" Spider Crack CUE screen has happened to me. in Cadillac SRX; My CUE screen has developed the dreaded spider crack issue on 1/3 of the screen. I had the car in ...
    algiorda is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 , 2010, 2014 Luxury Raven Blk w/Ebony

The "DREADED" Spider Crack CUE screen has happened to me.

My CUE screen has developed the dreaded spider crack issue on 1/3 of the screen. I had the car in the body shop for a week and I bet they left it in the hot Florida sun and then a mechanic probably got in and cranked up the A/C on HIGH causing the screen to crack. Dealer ordered a new screen and will replace this Saturday. They told me they do NOT need to replace the entire radio, which I thought I read another forum member stating they needed to. Time will tell.

Has anyone else experienced this issue on the 2014 SRX?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

algiorda is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 , 2010, 2014 Luxury Raven Blk w/Ebony

Re: The "DREADED" Spider Crack CUE screen has happened to me.

just a follow - up on my repair. The dealer replaced the LCD screen only, not the entire radio. Took 1 1/2 hours and they did it while I waited. Good as new and everything looks perfect.

Thank you Ed Morse Cadillac Brandon!!!

Al
    FunkZ, FunkZ, DavidH62 and 1 others like this.

mayormike is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinum

This happened to me over the weekend. It was not that hot outside (82 degrees) and I did not turn on the air conditioner as I did not drive the car. 48,600+ miles on it (2013 XTS Platinum) and went out of warranty last November. It was originally my Dad's car and I handled everything with kid gloves as he passed away and it is therefore special to me. Searching online shows that this is a problem with these screens. Why is it that Cadillac does not pay for this problem? It is a known defect. I would love to hear from Cadillac. Interesting how many of these crack right after the bumper-to-bumper warranty has ended.

Deef3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Not so Base anymore

My screen JUST cracked, it seems to get worse each day. Figures my warranty ran out in December. I know for a fact that I didn't do anything to cause it. It was in the 60s for the past couple weeks so it's not like there was a big temperature swing.

learmanfl is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX &2015 SRX

My 2013 SRX with 20,900 miles started cracking 4 month after my bumper to bumper. The dealer said the repair would be about 1100.00 dollars. This is a known problem that should be repaired on all 2013 up Cadillac that fails. I purchased a 2015 SRX for my wife because she liked my car but this will be my last Cadillac. Cadillac not standing behind a 50000+ dollar SUV should not expect any return customers if they turn their back on customers that are sold a known problem.
    RedCadi and RedCadi like this.

rquest is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 10 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by learmanfl View Post
    My 2013 SRX with 20,900 miles started cracking 4 month after my bumper to bumper. The dealer said the repair would be about 1100.00 dollars. This is a known problem that should be repaired on all 2013 up Cadillac that fails. I purchased a 2015 SRX for my wife because she liked my car but this will be my last Cadillac. Cadillac not standing behind a 50000+ dollar SUV should not expect any return customers if they turn their back on customers that are sold a known problem.
    Well in all fairness, this could be considered a 'known problem' with ALL MONITOR SCREENS and I don't see Samsung or JVC, etc doing anything about it. (I'll say this till it happens to me, lol) Problem is the $1100 price tag is ridiculous. I think Auto Manfs should charge cost in cases like this, say like, $150 labor and $150 for the screen. People wouldn't complain about that would they?

learmanfl is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX &2015 SRX

Thanks for your comment to my post. My guess it will happen to you, I live near Chicago and my SUV has not spent many hot days outside. I see the screen for sale on Ebay for $500.00 and think I will order one and change it myself. It seems the type of screen is the problem using capacitor and not resistor contact so that you can make moves with gloves. I still think Cadillac needs to repair all screen that fail free (unless the screen was damaged by abuse).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in