Us v GM service dept
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Blueraven01
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum (2010-2016) Discussion, Us v GM service dept in Cadillac SRX; OK, this is about fuses.. Please don't hang-up! The accy's not working are all momentary switches. meaning they all go ...
    eldoedwardo is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '99 eldo blk on blk, '13 ATS,'13 SRX premium

Us v GM service dept

OK, this is about fuses.. Please don't hang-up! The accy's not working are all momentary switches.
    meaning they all go back to center when released. items include : both door mirrors, pedal adjustment, drivers seat adjustment. I'm thinking it's a multi-fuse or a J-case , I don't think it would be a mini? one of these fuse/relay parts must control all or most of the problems above. There are rear electrical center 1 and 2, they are "J's". What kind of things do the body control fuses control? I know they are mini's , #8 is a J.

Any thought / idea or I know a guy that had that problem, I can put in play to keep this '13 srx luxury out of the shop will be greatly appreciated. btw it has 45k miles if that play's into this.

Thank you, thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

rquest is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 10 SRX

Re: Us v GM service dept

Quote Originally Posted by eldoedwardo View Post
    OK, this is about fuses.. Please don't hang-up! The accy's not working are all momentary switches.
    meaning they all go back to center when released. items include : both door mirrors, pedal adjustment, drivers seat adjustment. I'm thinking it's a multi-fuse or a J-case , I don't think it would be a mini? one of these fuse/relay parts must control all or most of the problems above. There are rear electrical center 1 and 2, they are "J's". What kind of things do the body control fuses control? I know they are mini's , #8 is a J.

Any thought / idea or I know a guy that had that problem, I can put in play to keep this '13 srx luxury out of the shop will be greatly appreciated. btw it has 45k miles if that play's into this.

Thank you, thank you
    Pardon me if I'm off point but does it have anything to do with the auto seat adjustment? (it's not just for seats)

Blueraven01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2016 SRX Premium- Black on Black

You should only use the same size tires that came with your vehicle.
    Changing tire sizes can create issues.

I don't know what you are responding to

they all quit working at the same time and they are all momentary switches. if you don't want to help do something else

byrdman is online now RIP Officer Tara O'Sullivan
    Automobile(s): 2003 DeVille base, 149K miles

Quote Originally Posted by Blueraven01 View Post
    You should only use the same size tires that came with your vehicle.
    Changing tire sizes can create issues.
    I think possibly you are replying to another thread.

Blueraven01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2016 SRX Premium- Black on Black

Quote Originally Posted by eldoedwardo View Post
    I don't know what you are responding to
    I thought since the thread's "Subject heading" has apparently nothing to do with subject itself that this was a thread for random questions and comments.
    Yes I was being sarcastic with my "tire" comment.
    Maximumkk likes this.

Maximumkk is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Premium AWD - Silver Coast w/ Shale-Brownstone

I found a lot of confusion in the original post too, never mind the thread subject heading not matching subject. Had to read three times to figure it out (how do I hang up on a visual written forum?).

Is the problem related only to switches on the driver door? Elsewhere in the cabin?

Are you still using your original battery? A lot of electronics go funny in these high-computerized cars when the battery starts failing.

And beware, a lot of items are not controlled direct by the switches. Pushing the button for the fog lights, for example, doesn't simply connect a circuit and light the bulbs. The 'switch' tells the computer to turn on the circuit for the fog lights. People have ordered the fog assemblies and button, change them out, and still nothing happens. Have to go to the dealer to get them to update the (body?) control module so it knows there are now fogs and button & it needs to listen and respond for commands. Same with heated seats, etc. Everything is controlled via the modules. Fly by wire is now the standard. It's how you get the system to be programmable to recognize fobs and auto adjust things, and remote start to be able to turn on the heated seats & the HVAC automatically.

Max

thanks Max, I'm going to jump the seat motor and chase it to the switches and check that route, do you think possibility that the mirrors and pedal adjustment could be on the same power source? Thanks again
    Ed
    I apologize for the confusion
    us the forum figuring it out or paying GM to fix it. I thought it was fairly straight forward.

DavidH62 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Lux

Suggest you do some serious searching on this forum using google. I remember this ghost being chased a couple years ago though I don't remember the fix if there was one. Good luck.

https://www.google.com/search?q=srx+...w=1280&bih=578

Maximumkk is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Premium AWD - Silver Coast w/ Shale-Brownstone

I'm thinking it's the memory module. Considering you indicate it's the seat, mirrors, and pedal adjustment. Those are all controlled thru & stored in that module. If I remember correctly, someone else had that problem and that was the fix. I don't know where it is located nor if it's user changeable.

Max

thank you David for the link, there are several suggestions to try. Again thanks for your time....Ed

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in