2004 SRX 3.6l cranks, but won't start
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, 2004 SRX 3.6l cranks, but won't start in Cadillac SRX; I have an old SRX that has served me well with 230k miles on it. About a month ago, the ...
    areyouwireless is offline Cadillac Owners Member

2004 SRX 3.6l cranks, but won't start

I have an old SRX that has served me well with 230k miles on it. About a month ago, the car was running fine and my wife parked it in the driveway. Next day I went out to start it and it won't start. Battery is fine, gas feed is fine (checked with a fuel pressure gauge). When cranking the engine, it sounds like it wants to start, but just won't fire. It's been a while since I last changed the plugs (over 100k miles), and I happen to have new coil packs on hand, so I replaced all the spark plugs, coil packs, and for good measure, the fuel injectors. No luck. I then figure it might be the cam shaft positioning sensors, so I changed them also. It is throwing no codes, and no old codes are recorded. I searched the forum, but couldn't find anything specific that I haven't tried already. Anyone have thoughts on how to go about diagnosing the problem?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

G1 SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX N* AWD

Re: 2004 SRX 3.6l cranks, but won't start

Sounds like a fuel or firing issue, but since you've checked that, I'd try a new battery...many a story on here about thinking the battery was good, even tested good, but was not good enough for starting. Also some have had a battery cable internally broke and/or poor connection either at battery or at ground.
    No timing chain issues?

08SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX Sport Pkg

Re: 2004 SRX 3.6l cranks, but won't start

Did you check to see if the air intake valve is maybe stuck or carboned up? I have seen issue with hard starting due to that, especially in colder weather. Just a thought...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in