94 Eldorado Blower motor won't shut off/run above min speed.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, 94 Eldorado Blower motor won't shut off/run above min speed. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I've seen similar posts, from years ago, throughout the forum for similar problems on similar models and model years, but ...
    jrgongwer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1994 Eldorado

94 Eldorado Blower motor won't shut off/run above min speed.

I've seen similar posts, from years ago, throughout the forum for similar problems on similar models and model years, but nothing recent. It must be either the blower motor or the ACM (evidently a high failure item from initial manufacturing??) according to what I have read. I have also been told by my local dealer and by an independent auto parts store that the ACM is an obsolete part and not available. This does NOT make me happy... Does anyone know of a company that will rebuild/rewire/recondition the old one, or any suggestion on how to fix this issue so I have a viable heating/air conditioning system in this vehicle again? Any help is GREATLY appreciated. I love this car and can't abide thinking of getting rid of it for the sake of an unresolvable HVAC issue.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

sefiro is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Fleetwood 2dr cpe - FWD, 96 Seville SLS, 02 Seville

Re: 94 Eldorado Blower motor won't shut off/run above min speed.

Blower motor will only run if it had power to, which should not be after a certain amount of time. Control designed to run the blower for some time after engine shut off to dry the coils out to prevent mold buildup.

Not sure if the timer is built into the Climate Module or assume other module (PCM, BCM).

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in