2000 Eldorado Blowe won't shut off
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, 2000 Eldorado Blowe won't shut off in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; My 2000 Eldorado blower will not shut off, it runs on high even with the key off. From what I've ...
    Stumann is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

2000 Eldorado Blowe won't shut off

My 2000 Eldorado blower will not shut off, it runs on high even with the key off. From what I've heard, the blower resistor/module should be the culprit. I got one from O'Reilly's Part#RU1229, it's Borg Warner item. I can't find it on my car. I've had the passenger side hush panel and the glovebox out and there is nothing there that looks like it. There's nothing under the hood either. Does anyone know where this thing is? Or did O'Reilly's sell me the wrong thing? The blower motor is out under the hood and the wires from it lead into the dash on the drivers side. I briefly looked under the dash on the driver's side, but nothing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: 2000 Eldorado Blowe won't shut off

There is no resistor. Blower speed is PWM controlled and is integral to the blower. You need to replace the blower motor.

basscatt is offline Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
    Automobile(s): 2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS's, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille

Quote Originally Posted by Stumann View Post
    My 2000 Eldorado blower will not shut off, it runs on high even with the key off. From what I've heard, the blower resistor/module should be the culprit. I got one from O'Reilly's Part#RU1229, it's Borg Warner item. I can't find it on my car. I've had the passenger side hush panel and the glovebox out and there is nothing there that looks like it. There's nothing under the hood either. Does anyone know where this thing is? Or did O'Reilly's sell me the wrong thing? The blower motor is out under the hood and the wires from it lead into the dash on the drivers side. I briefly looked under the dash on the driver's side, but nothing.
    ------------------------------
    ya - what Ranger said -

what you bought was the AUX -
    rear seat blower speed controller -

I recommend the FOUR SEASONS 35121 -
    $93.40 - with free shipping -
    http://www.autopartsway.com/part.cfm?35121/fs

That makes perfect sense. I heard it's a real bear to get the blower motor out. Some say remove the valve cover, some say loosen the engine cradle and drop it down. There must be an easier way (that doesn't involve hammers and duct tape).

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

There is an easier way. Check Tech Tips. There is a tutorial for a Deville, but should be similar.

Well, I got a new blower motor. Now the blower doesn't run as soon as it's hooked up. but it also doesn't work at all now. I even got a second blower motor in the hops that the first one was defective, but nothing. The old one still comes on as soon as it is plugged in. I checked fuses, including the ones in the trunk. All good. Does it sound like it may have fried the control panel on the dash?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in