advive on engine rebuild or not to rebuild need advive fast !!!!!!! please read thank
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, advive on engine rebuild or not to rebuild need advive fast !!!!!!! please read thank in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; ok i have an 1992 sts with a 4.9l with 200k miles i've never had not one single problem with ...
    mikes2versitile is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1992 caddilac sts 4.9 v8

advive on engine rebuild or not to rebuild need advive fast !!!!!!! please read thank

ok i have an 1992 sts with a 4.9l with 200k miles i've never had not one single problem with motor ,not even a small oil leak or loss of power ,i get reg tune ups and oil changes had car 12years running great !! but want to ensure i can drive it another stretch of years with out any probs what can i do for this dont really feel like i need to rebuild motor but want to ensure a longer life and health of engine, now the motor is strong and quiet, i know theres things i can do, but just dont know what they are , pistons, bearing , timming etc. what is what with out rebuilding whole dam engine without throwing my money away, just want it to last longer iam doing a compression check but is that gunna just tell me about rings and valves ,leaks etc. please need the break down of whats better to do and no i dont want to get a new car this ones great black candy paint, 22.8 rims phino 118z. tv's. great audio system anyhow any advice would be great thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

ThumperPup is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350

Re: advive on engine rebuild or not to rebuild need advive fast !!!!!!! please read t

i dont understnad why rebuild why work on it at all right now if nothing is wrong with it dont fixit if it aint broke

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville

Re: advive on engine rebuild or not to rebuild need advive fast !!!!!!! please read t

Regular maintenance. The most important things you can do for your engine are regular oil and filter changes with a quality oil, and don't neglect your cooling system.
    With 200K, when the engine does eventually need to be rebuilt, have a professional engine builder do a complete rebuild. Not just disassemble and replace what is absolutely necessary. The other (almost always cheaper)option, is to buy a rebuilt engine and have it installed. Don't be surprised if the rest of the car falls apart before that engine gives up.

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

ok i have an 1992 sts with a 4.9l with 200k miles i've never had not one single problem with motor ,not even a small oil leak or loss of power
    now the motor is strong and quiet
    want to ensure a longer life and health of engine
    Are you looking for a boogie man? If it ain't broke, don't fix it. You wouldn't get a heart bypass if you didn't need one to "ensure a longer life" would you? Just do your oil and coolant changes as advised and fix what needs to be fixed when and if it needs to be fixed.

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '14 ATS Premium with 3 pedals | Past: '13 ATS Performance & '99 Seville STS

It seems that someone has extra cash to trash....
    Anyway, I am happy that you have had such a good experience with your Seville and I hope it keep serving you well!

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

If it ain't don't fix it! When it does break go get a new car, with all the systems that will be shot as a result of its' 200,000 miles of use you will be looking at way more cost to keep it safe and reliable than the car could ever be worth, even as transportation.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in