EBCM Interchangeability
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By flatback
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, EBCM Interchangeability in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Found a 2003 Deville vin 1G6KF57933U179207 at U Pull It scrap yard, will that Electronic Brake Control Module work in ...
    flatback is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 98 Eldo ETC & 2003 Seville SLS

EBCM Interchangeability

Found a 2003 Deville vin 1G6KF57933U179207 at U Pull It scrap yard, will that Electronic Brake Control Module work in my 2003 Seville SLS ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Re: EBCM Interchangeability

Grabbed that ABS module junk yard style. Cut the big bundle of wires and brake lines. Loosened the two sides from the bracket and pulled the entire unit out of the Deville. $30 for both sides of the unit. Looks great. I am a little confused about the idea that the connection gets dirt and corroded. This one looks brand new inside the electrical connection, it is well waterproofed. Picture attached, hope it is good and compatible with my 03 Seville SLS.
    Attached Images

The Part number off this module is 12218160 (03 Deville) The 03 Seville calls for a 12226956. Still wondering if it could work. Anyone know the difference between the two? Could I just plug it in and see ? What could go wrong ?

Shade tree Saturday. Went to change my EBCM but the Seville was bucking. Codes said large vacuum leak. In 15 seconds with a can of carb cleaner I determined it was the Intake connector Plenum gasket, very common and I've done this before. $24 at AutoZone and 1.5 hour later and all evap codes gone no more bucking.

Onto the EBCM..... remove front drivers side wheel, remove front wheel well fascia drivers (Port Side or left), 6 torx screws easy to remove with long extension and 1/4 drive, electrical connections no problem. Pull out WTF PULL OUT, I can't pull it out. Get thin long screwdriver and a hammer pry/coax out gently. It's out. Compare Model number of ECBM from 03 Seville to Junkyard 03 DeVille ECBM, EXACT SAME MODEL NUMBER. Install junkyard EBCM. Cross fingers , start car. NO MORE BRAKE LIGHTS OR CODES!!! I break out into my happy dance. Not bad for $30
    Phideaux likes this.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it.
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD

Nice work ............. good to get lucky once in a while.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in