Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Re occurring codes in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Been a while since I posted, so this what I need help with. P 0560 system voltage P 1376 ignition ...
- 05-27-19 02:18 AM #1Cadillac Owners Member
- Automobile(s): 1998 eldorado 1977 Seville
- Join Date
- Oct 2016
Re occurring codes
Been a while since I posted, so this what I need help with.
P 0560 system voltage
P 1376 ignition ground
P 1520 gear indicator sys
P 1620 knock sensor
P 1644 torque control delivered torque output .
No tcs data
No sdm data
P1602 is the only current code. All the other only show history. I have a fresh optima yellow top battery. Today I replaced the ignition cylinder and clock spring and also the knock sensor. After half hr driving codes come back all history except p1602 knock sensor which is new. Car runs great by the way but I gotta take the emission test asap. Thanks for your help.
- Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
- 05-27-19 07:14 AM #2
Re: Re occurring codes
ICM ground cable ? That makes a big difference in ignition circuits performance. Connectors ?
Here's your pre-2000 waste spark system .......
- 05-27-19 02:48 PM #3
Re: Re occurring codes
The no data is concerning... It didn't say no codes?
If no data it means it can't communicate with that device. Is airbag light on also?
98 ground should be behind the ICM, easily left off.
There are a bunch of grounds on car, a couple hard to see or get to. I can't remember what issues were when a ground behind the engine (above trans) was bad for a member here but it was a bunch of stuff. Its a strange connection with spade terminals IIRC.
- 05-27-19 03:24 PM #4
- 06-11-19 11:35 PM #5
So far the the no tcs data was due to a loose connection at the motor. The no admin data I’m clueless on and yes the airbag light is on. As far as the ground I’ve been chasing that around for a while. I’ll check all the connections for corrosion next.
- By daacon in forum Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD ForumReplies: 4Last Post: 02-10-08, 12:24 PM
- By danbuc in forum Northstar Engines and System Technical DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 02-17-06, 08:33 PM
- By Hason560 in forum Northstar Engines and System Technical DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 11-16-05, 06:22 PM
- By RichieCarbone in forum Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006Replies: 6Last Post: 07-26-05, 10:10 AM
- By Mikethegreeat in forum Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado ForumReplies: 2Last Post: 01-05-04, 04:29 PM