I'm MistahKruze and I proudly own a super clean 99' STS w/P1810 code. Trans stuck.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, I'm MistahKruze and I proudly own a super clean 99' STS w/P1810 code. Trans stuck. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Currently I have been having a transmission fluid pressure issue that gives a (on-board) diagnostic code of P1810. I changed ...
    Mistah Kruze is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I'm MistahKruze and I proudly own a super clean 99' STS w/P1810 code. Trans stuck.

Currently I have been having a transmission fluid pressure issue that gives a (on-board) diagnostic code of P1810. I changed the "Trans Pressure Switch", the "Park/Neutral safety switch", removed the "Return Cooler Line (lower trans line)" and cleaned the "Adapter", then re-applied the original applications. I also changed the "Exterior (in the pan) Filters", and leveled off the fluid. Further investigation lead me to the understanding that the "4T80E" transmission has a "Duel Internal Fluid Pumps, and an EPC Solenoid" that could be (either) the problem. They are located inside the "Side Cover" of the transmission, on the Driver's Side" of the vehicle. The proper drivetrain tilt is the best way for the DIY mechanic..... But totally doable. I'm going to do mine.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

Re: I'm MistahKruze and I proudly own a super clean 99' STS w/P1810 code. Trans stuck

This forum is for the 2005 and newer RWD/AWD cars. You have an old FWD sidewinder. You'll get better information in the Seville forum.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it.
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD

Re: I'm MistahKruze and I proudly own a super clean 99' STS w/P1810 code. Trans stuck

Welcome Aboard !!!! Your first post has been moved from the later Sigma-body "STS" forum to the real Seville forum - you have a Seville Touring Sedan, not the later "STS" that is not an acronym - it's the whole model name.

Please update your profile so that your login banner - username banner - looks like those of other members. It sure helps with advice and diagnosis.

Please bookmark this link and use it to define and post trouble code definitions - no one has memorized all 4,000 or so codes yet...........

https://obdii.pro/en/model/gm

Your code indicates a probable wiring or connector problem, not the actual TFP switch itself. 4T80E fluid level is checked ith the engine hot, idling in P on a level surface. It's a dry sump transmission so there should be no fluid on the dipstick with the engine off for 5 minutes.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in