1999 ETC chrome trim ?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, 1999 ETC chrome trim ? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Just inherited a 1999 Eldorado ETC. I noticed the Eldo's of this year have a chromed inset in the midline ...
    kram350kram is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 Eldorado ETC

1999 ETC chrome trim ?

Just inherited a 1999 Eldorado ETC. I noticed the Eldo's of this year have a chromed inset in the midline trim and tup of bumpers. Matter of fact that is the only examples in have found, chrome strip. Mine is painted the color of the car which is White Diamond. My mother bought the car new so I doubt it was painted to match the body color. Is this mono color midline trim standard or an odd ball? Build date is 3/99.

Some other questions:

Just drove it 2500 miles in 4 days, California to Atlanta. Did not use any radiator water, ran middle of the temp gauge. With 82K miles, what are the chances of the head bolt/block overheating situation manifesting itself?

Throw a P 0741 Code a few times, but cleared OK and has stayed off for 200 miles since, city driving with some hwy. I know this is a trans code, any words of advice? Just keep clearing?

DexCool is called for, any advice on radiator antifreeze?

Any other words of advice on what to look for with this car? I sure like driving it and will be keeping it. Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Bayou Dave is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 ETC

Re: 1999 Eldorado ETC

I am pretty sure the chrome strip is for the base Eldoraro. The painted strip is for the ETC. DexCool is an antifreeze.

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: 1999 Eldorado ETC

Quote Originally Posted by kram350kram View Post

Just drove it 2500 miles in 4 days, California to Atlanta. Did not use any radiator water, ran middle of the temp gauge. With 82K miles, what are the chances of the head bolt/block overheating situation manifesting itself?
    I don't think anyone can give you a good answer to that question, other than the '99 has a better chance than any other pre-2000 year.

Throw a P 0741 Code a few times, but cleared OK and has stayed off for 200 miles since, city driving with some hwy. I know this is a trans code, any words of advice? Just keep clearing?
    The code will keep returning, more and more frequently. Unless you are subjected to emission tests and/or want to spend $2000, just keep clearing it.

DexCool is called for, any advice on radiator antifreeze?
    Nothing wrong with Dex.

eldoman47 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 99 Eldo ETC & 04 CTS Sport

Re: 1999 ETC chrome trim ?

The body side moldings on a1999 Eldo have a chrome strip in the center. Starting in 2000 the base ESC model kept the chrome strip but the ETC models were painted the body color. Better off with the body color. I own a 99 ETC with 27000 miles and the chrome has gone bad.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD

Re: 1999 ETC chrome trim ?

Quote Originally Posted by kram350kram View Post
    Look at the non-scientific poll by this site's members ..........

https://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...t-failure.html

Always read the stickies in any forum of interest - timeless, permanent info and advice.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in