Cadillac Owners Forum banner

CUE removal

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  ccclarke 
#1 ·
Can CUE removal be this easy. I replaced my touch screen a few months ago with great detailed instructions from a member and it took 5 hours. Will this work for an XTS. Comments please.
https://youtu.be/quN_nV2Mxu8

#2 ·
@Cipro, Wouldn't that be nice if you could get the CUE stack out of an XTS that easy. Sort of makes you want to get an SRX just so you can change the CUE screen anytime you want in a few minutes. I agree with you about the XTS being a tedious task. I've changed my XTS cue screen so often in the past 6 months that the dash trim parts practically fall off. I'm still not 100% satisfied with the CUE screen and will probably change it again in a month or so. Which touch screen did you buy and where did you get it. It seems like there are hundreds of different touch screens to pick from and getting a really good one is a daunting task. Sorry to burst your bubble about the video you offered, but it's for the SRX. It would be an excellent resource for those who have the SRX.

#7 ·
It is never a good idea to post one's email address in an online, public forum. I encourage you to edit your post and delete your email address before a web crawler harvests it. It doesn't take a genius to craft a convincing spear phishing email containing an embedded link to a "CUE Replacement Procedure" enticing the recipient to inadvertently install malware on their machine/system with a double-click of their mouse. People fall for this constantly, because it looks legit and they were expecting it. Opportunity with a malicious payload make an ideal attack vector.

Follow the posted instructions in the referenced thread to obtain the procedure. Protecting your online privacy is important to me. No exceptions.

PMs to obtain the XTS CUE replacement procedure are required for your privacy protection and to discourage one-post-and-ghost lurkers who aren't contributing members of the community. Being a part of the forums has its privileges!

Thanks for your understanding,

CC

#5 ·
The video references a CTS but could be an SRX not sure. Hard to believe GM engineers would design one so easy and the XTS so difficult. I purchased the new screen from ebayhttps://www.ebay.com/itm/Touch-Screen-Display-For-13-17-Cadillac-ATS-CTS-SRX-XTS-CUE-TouchSense-2013-2017-/183282702280 but not sure if it is the best option. So far so good. Not looking forward to doing the job again but I'm sure I can get it down to 2.5 hours now that I understand the process.

#6 ·
Thank you, Cipro! I appreciate the post of which cue touch screen you purchased. I have added that to my information and have added it to my watchlist on ebay.

I'm going to change one in May or June. (I'm lazier than CCClarke) The first one I changed in December lasted at least 3 weeks before it started randomly selecting items on the screen by itself. After a week or so of that nuisance, it finally locked up completely and wouldn't change at all. It came from Amazon. The next one was the cheapest one I could find on Ali Express in China. It changes screens and functions great, except that when I open the door to get in the XTS, the screen flickers until I push the start button... then it's great. So now I'm searching for one that will work and not flicker... even though it never flickers when driving the car.

Keep us posted about how your screen is performing. Hopefully, you won't have to ever change it again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.