Cadillac Owners Forum banner

RKE module location

3K views 17 replies 4 participants last post by  Byrdman 
#1 ·
I want to add more wire to the RKE antenna so my key fob will work at a distance of more than only a few feet. I have looked for the RKE module in the trunk near the rear speakers and can't find it.
Does anyone know the location of the RKE module for a 2000 Eldorado?

#6 ·
I had pulled the bulkhead liner yesterday and didn't notice it at that time. Now that I have a diagram it will be easier to locate. But, in looking at actual photos of the part, #25692073, I don't even see an antenna. I may be wasting my time. I will look again later today or tomorrow.

#7 ·
Antenna work has been done before and posted in these forums.

For study ............ quick Google search turns up a bit of info .............

https://www.google.com/search?sourc...2i10i30j33i22i29i30j33i299j33i160.FiksscMO-GM

For any problem/question you can imagine, Google "cadillac forums (problem or question) - in this case it was "cadillac forums seville deville eldorado rke antenna addition". You might also find something with a tedious search of the Tech Tips forum.

#8 ·
I had done a search here but didn't use all the words that you used. You got a lot more results than I did. I will find the module tomorrow and look at it closely to see if there is a small antenna on it.
Thanks to you and Ranger. You guys are very knowledgeable.

#13 ·
Had a few minutes today so I went to the trunk and took out the bulkhead liner. The RKE is located on the rear seat side of the bulkhead. When I get more time I will take out the backrest of the rear seat and that should give me easy access to the RKE. Then I will find out if there is an antenna on it, or not.

#15 ·
Yes, it does appear that it does pivot down. I just thought it would be easier to go behind the seat. From the trunk I can see the foam padding of the backrest. Are you thinking there is a metal bulkhead between the backrest and the electronics that would stop me from getting to the RKE from the rear seat?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.