Need help with replacement shocks & struts? Post here.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Need help with replacement shocks & struts? Post here. in Cadillac Escalade Forums; With all of the questions about replacement shocks & struts lately, and with so many different part numbers being available ...
    jleonard71 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Escalade ESV

Need help with replacement shocks & struts? Post here.

With all of the questions about replacement shocks & struts lately, and with so many different part numbers being available making it very confusing which ones you should get, I figured I'd start a thread where people can post some info on their vehicle and I'll reply with the proper replacement part numbers. To get the part numbers for your truck, here's what I need:

1. Year, Style (standard, ESV, or EXT), Model (Base, Luxury, Premium, Platinum), AWD or RWD
    2. Photo of the RPO sticker in your glovebox. There are only a few codes that I need, but for some years there are additional codes that need to be referenced. So posting a pic of the sticker is the easiest way to get everything I need without having to go back & forth.

Once you post this info - and please post EVERYTHING I asked for so we don't need to go back & forth and clutter up the thread - I'll reply to you as soon as I can with the ACDelco part numbers. And for those who may be wondering, the ACDelco shocks are not actually made by ACDelco - they are the exact same BWI shocks that you would get if you purchased them with the GM P/N from a dealership or online - but they will usually be 50-70% cheaper! I got a set of all 4 for my truck for under $700 delivered, compared to the $2,000+tax that the dealer wanted to charge me.

And no I'm not a dealer/seller and don't get anything out of this, I just enjoy helping people save money.
    nate6966 and nate6966 like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

UH60Pilot is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade

Re: Need help with replacement shocks & struts? Post here.

Really appreciate you doing that, jleonard! I will need some help with part numbers and I will update this post(to keep clutter down) with the information you need once I get a photo of the glovebox sticker.

In the meantime, I have a question about the Jounce Bumpers, specifically related to TSB 10-03-08-002B. Took the Escalade into a local shop for a clunking noise and they printed out this TSB, told me they think it is the strut binding in the jounce bumper. The TSB specifies that you enlarge the holes with a single flute countersink from 15mm to 16mm and that should fix the issue. I don't even know if I need new shocks, but the shop recommended I replace them anways since they will be taking it all apart.

The "Jounce Bumper" is #5 in this diagram:

Do you have any input on this?

I've searched all over the internet trying to find anyone who has done this TSB but am having no luck. The "Search this Cadillac forum" feature on this site is terrible, I end up having to use the google function and it brings up ALL Cadillac forums, not just the Escalade one.

2008 standard base AWD. Here is my RPO sticker: IMG_20161205_153251375.jpg

Sorry for the delay getting back to you. I don't know anything about the TSB that you mentioned (had to look up "jounce bumpers" and found out they're the same as "bump stops", LOL), but it sound straightforward enough. And yes, if you have a 2008 and you're taking out the struts to do that TSB then I'd definitely replace them with new ones. And might as well do the rears too if they're the originals.

Here are the ACDelco P/N's for the correct replacements:

Front: 580-430 (6F9/7F9). They're available for $240 w/free shipping on Amazon from a 3rd party seller, only 2 left in stock as of this post. Or RockAuto has them for $256 + shipping.
    Rear: 580-1081 (P56 package, Z55 package, Base model). They're just $192 w/free shipping on Amazon, but currently on backorder. I bought mine when they were on backorder and it took me about 3 weeks to get them. Or if you need them now, RockAuto has them for $231 + shipping.

If you decide to buy buy them on RockAuto, make sure you use a 5% off coupon code 5387936748131651 which should pretty much cover the shipping costs. Just enter it in the "How did you hear about us" box on the shopping cart page.

jmccormick is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I just replaced my Front struts with OE, I was told by a GM master tech its a good idea to do all 4 at once. My truck rode like a dump truck, replaced the fronts and it rides way better but not like it should.

I just need the P/N for the rears. thank you!

2012 Standard Premium AWD

jmccormick - yours has Magnetic Ride Control (which is indicated by the Z95 RPO) so the P/N for the rears is 580-1091. They are $287/ea right now on Amazon, but as recent as 11/1 they were just $229 and they have been as cheap as $188 within the past year. So if you're not in a huge hurry to get them done you could set up a price alert to notify you next time they drop below a certain price, and then jump on them right away before the price goes back up.
    jmccormick and jmccormick like this.

andy9743 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

2008, standard, Platinum, AWD, looking for front and rear. thanks
    http://i609.photobucket.com/albums/t...psxbcxtxg4.jpg

----------

Quote Originally Posted by andy9743 View Post
    2008, standard, Platinum, AWD, looking for front and rear. thanks
    Front: ACDelco 580-435
    Rear: ACDelco 580-1091

You can get all 4 of them for just under $1,000 (plus $30 shipping) at Rock Auto using the 5% off coupon code of 5387936748131651. Amazon has them for about the same price but you'll end up paying another $80 or so in taxes from Amazon.

Catterman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 ESV Platinum

I need help with what shocks to get for all 4.

2009 ESV Platnium AWD

Second question, I want to keep the ride height in the backs for when I pull the camper, but up front I don't care. Is it possible to swap out the fronts for cheapos while keeping the rears in OEM?
    Attached Images

Phoenixx is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 19 Escalade ESV Platinum 08 SRX N* 14 Escalade Platinum

Fronts are 19300066 243 amazon 305 rockauto

Rears are 23487280 273 amazon 418 rockauto

Compressor is 22941806 342 amazon 470 rockauto you could try the doorman 949-001 181 amazon but never used

Not experience on arnott. You can find arnott here

https://www.arnottindustries.com/pro...-ext-only/2009

djb255 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thanks for doing this! Perfect timing, too, as I just found out that my rear shock has a torn boot. Truck has 120k, so it was time for new shocks, anyway.

Here's my info:

2008 EXT AWD. It's not the platinum model, but that's all I know. It might be the luxury version. If that info is necessary, I can try to find it.

IMG_4890.jpg

lsutiger9904 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum

2012, ESV, Platinum, AWD
    Service Parts ID_1024x768.jpg

I got new tires yesterday and noticed that all four shocks were leaking. If I were to replace the shocks, do I just buy the shocks or do I need to buy anything else? I'm going to buy the parts myself and have them installed by a mechanic. Thanks in advance!

Bad00ss is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 11 Escalade

2011, Standard, Luxury, AWD. I'm not sure if mine is mag ride or if its the air ride kind. see what you can find for part numbers for me. mine rides stiff in the rear.

J.jhernandez76 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jleonard71 View Post
    With all of the questions about replacement shocks & struts lately, and with so many different part numbers being available making it very confusing which ones you should get, I figured I'd start a thread where people can post some info on their vehicle and I'll reply with the proper replacement part numbers. To get the part numbers for your truck, here's what I need:

1. Year, Style (standard, ESV, or EXT), Model (Base, Luxury, Premium, Platinum), AWD or RWD
    2. Photo of the RPO sticker in your glovebox. There are only a few codes that I need, but for some years there are additional codes that need to be referenced. So posting a pic of the sticker is the easiest way to get everything I need without having to go back & forth.

Once you post this info - and please post EVERYTHING I asked for so we don't need to go back & forth and clutter up the thread - I'll reply to you as soon as I can with the ACDelco part numbers. And for those who may be wondering, the ACDelco shocks are not actually made by ACDelco - they are the exact same BWI shocks that you would get if you purchased them with the GM P/N from a dealership or online - but they will usually be 50-70% cheaper! I got a set of all 4 for my truck for under $700 delivered, compared to the $2,000+tax that the dealer wanted to charge me.

And no I'm not a dealer/seller and don't get anything out of this, I just enjoy helping people save money. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
    2007 ESV RWD code z55 I cant resize pic of dash codes to send to you.

07BlkOnBlkEXT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade EXT

This thread is awesome! I just started another one which I probably didn't need to but I didn't see this one first. I've got an '07 EXT AWD, I believe Premium (fully loaded). Looking to replace probably just the front shocks right now but would love info on all 4.Attachment 539670

Phoenixx is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 19 Escalade ESV Platinum 08 SRX N* 14 Escalade Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by 07BlkOnBlkEXT View Post
    This thread is awesome! I just started another one which I probably didn't need to but I didn't see this one first. I've got an '07 EXT AWD, I believe Premium (fully loaded). Looking to replace probably just the front shocks right now but would love info on all 4
    OEM
    Fronts are 19353945
    Rears are 19303894

Compressor if needed is 22941806

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in