2007 Escalade radio upgrade options
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, 2007 Escalade radio upgrade options in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hello Everyone, it's my first day here and need some advice. I bought my wife a 2007 Escalade unaware at ...
    IndyCorp is offline Cadillac Owners Member

2007 Escalade radio upgrade options

Hello Everyone, it's my first day here and need some advice. I bought my wife a 2007 Escalade unaware at how few options the factory Bose radio has. First off there is no Bluetooth for phone calls or being able to play music from an iPhone or android. I don't have a GPS disk and was told that the gps will not work without activating the Onstar. I really don't want to go the aftermarket route. My questions are...

Can I buy a unit from a newer Escalade, install it and then have the dealer reprogram the radio?
    Will the newer unit not require onstar for gps, will it have Bluetooth, and will all of the steering wheel controls work?

Does the GPS in this 2007 work if I buy the disk install it and not activate onstar? If it does should I buy an isimple module for the hands free phone and Bluetooth music. Is there a microphone in the 2007 radio that will work with the Isimple that will allow for hands free calling?

Please advise, any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

007matman is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: 2007 Escalade radio upgrade options. Please help!!

I have a 2010. However, the nav discs are the same.

I used mine without OnStar for a while until I gave up on it because it was so outdated. 2015 is the most recent version you can get for it. Google is updated automatically and has driving updates that you just can't get anywhere else.

I would probably recommend a Bluetooth integration kit over spending money on the latest version of the Nav software (it's $180.00). My Escalade has aux input Jack's on the back of the center console so I use that with a Bluetooth adapter for my phone input. However z I e used the iSimple products in the past and have been very happy with them.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

richboy92 is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade AWD

Re: 2007 Escalade radio upgrade options. Please help!!

I have the 07 and knew nothing of required ON-star access for the GPS to work.
    I do have Onstar, but my GPS worked before I activated it too.
    I complained to the dealership I bought mine from about not having a nav disk and they ordered me one.
    2015 is the last year, so the map doesn't even have my neighborhood on it!

I use it solely because I dont like the look of radio in AUX.

I run a RCA to 3.5mm cord from the rear entertainment center to my phone, and play music and google maps directly from my phone.
    I tried a bluetooth adapter but didnt like the further loss in sound quality.
    Its not optimal, but 99% of aftermarket options will mess with the "Cadillac look" of your dash
    hturner0iii0 likes this.

Re: 2007 Escalade radio upgrade options

I have one of these installed in my Jeep. Works great and uses the FM radio for input. Since it goes into the antenna connection sound quality is pretty good.

iSimple Hands-Free Calling and Music Streaming Kit with Control Button for Smartphones - Frustration-Free Packaging - Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FRU5UNA..._Jm6aDb8YV7ZTY

The only thing you'd see would be the button for the phone and the mic. Everything else is tucked away inside the dash.

SpyShops NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade
    I have factory bluetooth, nav-traffic, gm smartphone app and bluetooth audio plus 3.5mm in my 2008 Escalade. I don't have any aftermarket iSimple, PAC or what ever crap out there. I am using a 2010 Transverse OnStar module. I also got to keep my OnStar & the caller ID comes through my cluster like the 2009-2014 Escalade. I purchased the GM-RVD multimedia kit which gives me RCA audio and video inputs and outputs, make sure you ground the single black cable from the GM-RVD to metal or negative on cigar lighter or you will get a ugly buzzing sound. I purchsed the BOSE Bluetooth adapter for bluetooth audio for $50. I can be anymore happier.

BONUS
    I installed the NAV-TV Barracuda which unlocks the phone keypad and video in motion. The Barracuda comes with a extra RCA input for forward facing camera.

Zombo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Save yourself a headache & get a new stereo navigation system with Android Auto or Apple whatever it is. Mine works great, it's a huge upgrade.

ttforcefed23 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

is there any non infotainment stuff one wld lose by replacing with an aftermarket head unit? i cant think of anything - which is nice. for example in the land rovers the infotainment screen shows suspension setting info.

im guessing with an aftermarket head unit you wld lose functionality of some of the oem buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by ttforcefed23 View Post
    is there any non infotainment stuff one wld lose by replacing with an aftermarket head unit? i cant think of anything - which is nice. for example in the land rovers the infotainment screen shows suspension setting info.

im guessing with an aftermarket head unit you wld lose functionality of some of the oem buttons.
    They make integration kits for just about everything.

My aftermarket unit has more options than my 08 came with. No button loss.

richboy92 is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Zombo View Post
    My aftermarket unit has more options than my 08 came with. No button loss.
    Which unit did you go with?
    Do you have pics?
    My aversion to going aftermarket was the look of the dash, with a big gap in it.
    The only one I saw that kept a luxury vehicle look was 10" tesla style unit.

I went with a Kenwood, but I would get the new Sony 8" unit. Its only 1" deep and has a separate brain so you can mount it in the stock location. The Teslo one looks pretty cool, but I am not sure what works and what doesnt.

jtuomainen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade Hybrid 2009

I have the tesla style, it's chinese so basically not really tested and no qa but it runs waze and spotify and has a decent radio so I'm more happy with it than I was with original HU (however I live in Europe so I did not have working navigation with it and we don't have XM satellites). So for me original HU was basically hybrid screen (nice for 1st week) and after that mediocre radio. It's 2019 so DVDs are not a thing anymore

ThomasFlavia is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV 2007

Same here, no navigation, living in Europe. Currently I am using an FM transmitter that connects with my phone through bluetooth, 5 dollar thing from Aliexpress, works great. GPS would be nice so I dont have to use my phone. Next upgrade will be the complete android car option for the escalade, the tesla style one:

https://www.phoenixautomotiveinc.com...lade-2007-2014

jtuomainen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade Hybrid 2009

I bought from Alibaba, android 7.1 version.

I watched the video on Youtube about that model....I'd rather spend $600 on a Sony and know its going to work.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in