Removing passenger side of bench seat 2nd row
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Removing passenger side of bench seat 2nd row in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hi, I want to remove (as in remove permanently, so not replacing) the heated and power folding passenger side (1/3rd) ...
    ThomasFlavia is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV 2007

Removing passenger side of bench seat 2nd row

Hi,

I want to remove (as in remove permanently, so not replacing) the heated and power folding passenger side (1/3rd) of the 2nd row bench seat of my escalade 2007 ESV. What exactly are the consequences regarding the cables that remains disconnected?

Will I get errors or warnings or other problems such as an interrupted ground that is shared by other things with all wiring to the back?

People asking questions on the "why" of this. To not pay the very high road taxes here in Belgium I want to change the Escalade to an RV, very spartan, and just to comply with regulations for that, which are: a non removable bed, a non-removable place to cook and tap water, a sink and a foldaway table and storage room, all accessible from the seating area of the RV. So the idea is, to remove that seat and put a small mini kitchen (25cm sink, 12v water pump, 5L fresh water can, 5L grey water can and a small camping stove, all in place of the chair that I will remove. If I will ever use that equipment is another story, maybe not, but it doesn't matter.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

007matman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Removing passenger side of bench seat 2nd row

I don't think there will be any negative repercussions of that. You could disconnect it now and see what happens.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Zombo is offline Cadillac Owners Member

No errors. I swapped out my power folding for a bench and just tucked away the plugs.

ThomasFlavia is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV 2007

OK, thanks for the info!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in