heater control problems
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, heater control problems in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I just bought a 2008 escalade ext my air conditioning has a mind of its own,if it stays on the ...
    trk1363 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Cool heater control problems

I just bought a 2008 escalade ext my air conditioning has a mind of its own,if it stays on the vents then cold air comes out of drivers side and hot air blows out passenger side or all vents will blow cold air for about 2 minutes then air diverts to defrost ,i play with the control it comes back to vents then in 20 seconds back to defrost. I just had all 4 acuators replaced at a cost of over 500 bux but it is doing the same thing,any one have this problem and what did it take to correct this problem. its going to dealer tommorow for diagnosis but have heard the horror stories smeone please help !!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

007matman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: heater control problems

There is a relearn procedure you can follow to resolve this.

GM has had this issue for a while now. I know my old '04 Denali had this issue too if the battery became disconnected.

There are steps you can try online. However, if it doesn't work you may need to take it into the Stealership. I would recommend a Chevy one as it's the same system in the Suburban and Tahoe.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

007matman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Try this..

https://youtu.be/WWnjTwIK4OA

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

trk1363 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

bad heater control diagnosis bought one on ebay is this a plug n play or does it require special installation i know i can istall it but is there anything i should know before create new problems ?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in