Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Mixing ATF - Urgent help plz in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Guys I need your urgent consultation in this please. I have Escalade 2010 6.2v around 80k miles. 2 days back ...
- 05-21-19 07:38 PM #1Cadillac Owners Member
- Join Date
- Jul 2018
Mixing ATF - Urgent help plz
Guys I need your urgent consultation in this please.
I have Escalade 2010 6.2v around 80k miles.
2 days back I have pumped out around 2.4 quarts of OEM atf which I dont think the old owner ever changed because it was tooo black colored and replaced it with Amsoil Signature ATF, 2.3 qt out and 2.4 qt in through trans dipstick.
My plan is to change it step by step instead of fully drop the pan and do a sudden change with filter.
Some friends told me that what I did will definitely cause transmission failure and I have to immediately drop the pan and change filter with OEM atf before its too late
Now I am worried and idk what to do whether to continue with what I am planning to do or drop it.
Can you share your experiences please?
- Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
- 05-22-19 01:05 PM #2
Any help? I am hesitating to move my truck
- 05-22-19 02:09 PM #3
Re: Mixing ATF - Urgent help plz
Drive the car to a local shop or to your lift and change ALL the transmission fluid at the same time. Use whatever is recommended in the Service/Maintenance section of the owner's manual. Doing it in bits and pieces is an exercise in futility.
- 05-22-19 07:52 PM #4
I have went to local shop nearby and changed the atf and filter, used ACDelco Dextron VI as you said.
The truck is running normal after that change I dont know how long the test period should be to confirm that the transmission is ok and everything is going well.
Will update you after few days of driving.
- By Sts_los in forum Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012Replies: 2Last Post: 04-20-13, 03:47 PM
- By Catera10 in forum V6: 3.0, 3.2 LA3, 3.6 LY7, 3.6 DI LLTReplies: 6Last Post: 10-11-07, 08:22 PM
- By SolidGoldsteen in forum RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham ForumReplies: 6Last Post: 07-20-05, 04:21 PM
- By ocjmakaveli in forum RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham ForumReplies: 2Last Post: 01-21-05, 05:46 AM
- By Chuck C in forum Suspension, Brakes and TiresReplies: 10Last Post: 05-31-03, 01:53 AM