- 05-14-19 11:42 AM #1Cadillac Owners Member
- Automobile(s): 2011 Escalade
- Join Date
- Oct 2017
Superchip? Anyone add one and what results did you see?
I'm thinking about adding a superchip to my 2011 6.2L Escalade. Not so much for more power but better mileage. I run premium and a full tank a month of non-ethnol premium too. I also run a can of injection cleaner about 2 times a year. Even freeway MPG is poor. I only get about 15MPG average.
- Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
- 05-14-19 03:35 PM #2
Re: Superchip? Anyone add one and what results did you see?
What is the EPA fuel economy rating on the original window sticker ? What do other members with the same powertrain get in city/suburban/highway driving?
A "superchip" is usually a 5 cent resistor in a cutesy box that goes into the IAT (Intake Air temp) sensor wiring to fool the system into thinking the air is several degrees colder than actual = richer fuel mixture = poor gas mileage and NO performance gains.
Your gross over-use of fuel system cleaners is adding to the cost of driving while providing little or no gains. Run a TopTier gasoline - Google it.
- By brickonwheels in forum 2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 04-12-16, 10:23 PM
- By scooter05 in forum Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007Replies: 4Last Post: 09-27-13, 06:32 PM
- By ThumperPup in forum Community Lounge, Introductions and General DiscussionReplies: 22Last Post: 08-18-11, 04:45 PM
- By SilverDHS in forum Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009Replies: 0Last Post: 02-18-11, 12:49 PM
- By Spyder in forum Community Lounge, Introductions and General DiscussionReplies: 13Last Post: 06-11-07, 12:18 AM