New Owner Questions
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, New Owner Questions in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hello, Recently purchased an 07 Escalade with 208kms, great shape, very well maintained. Have sold many Escalades in the past ...
  1. #1
    Houch is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    1

    New Owner Questions

    Hello,

    Recently purchased an 07 Escalade with 208kms, great shape, very well maintained.
    Have sold many Escalades in the past (wholesaler) but first time owning one.

    Just had a few questions I was hoping you guys could help me out with.

    1) In regards to the heated washer fluid, I noticed the fuse was missing but I've also read that GM purposely stopped those system. Is it as simple as putting the fuse back and it working again? Also the automatic wipers, you just simply turn the dial to anywhere you'd like and that turns them on correct?

    2) I have the 2 captain seats and the rear bench, it seems like I only have 6 seats in total, did they come with the choice of 3 or 2 seats in the rear?

    3) My main concern has been the air suspension, I can tell by the shocks in the rear that they are air shocks but I never hear the compressor, not a single noise at all! Whenever I drive the vehicle and exit, it's sitting straight. But when I return after an hour or so, it always seems to be lower in the rear, but then drive it again, look at it and it's straight. But absolutely no compressor noise what so ever.
    Could it be the weight of the Gas?
    Anything advise on what to check for?
    No lights on the dash either, just a bad tire sensor.

    Thank you in advance!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Phoenixx's Avatar
    Phoenixx is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 19 Escalade ESV Platinum 08 SRX N* 14 Escalade Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    444

    Re: New Owner Questions

    [QUOTE=Houch;17717726]Hello,

    Recently purchased an 07 Escalade with 208kms, great shape, very well maintained.
    Have sold many Escalades in the past (wholesaler) but first time owning one.

    Just had a few questions I was hoping you guys could help me out with.

    Quote Originally Posted by Houch View Post
    1) In regards to the heated washer fluid, I noticed the fuse was missing but I've also read that GM purposely stopped those system. Is it as simple as putting the fuse back and it working again? Also the automatic wipers, you just simply turn the dial to anywhere you'd like and that turns them on correct?
    I would leave it disconnected.

    Quote Originally Posted by Houch View Post
    2) I have the 2 captain seats and the rear bench, it seems like I only have 6 seats in total, did they come with the choice of 3 or 2 seats in the rear?
    They come with 1st row, 2 front seats. 2nd row, 2 captains [or] bench. 3rd row is 2 units 60/40.

    Quote Originally Posted by Houch View Post
    3) My main concern has been the air suspension, I can tell by the shocks in the rear that they are air shocks but I never hear the compressor, not a single noise at all! Whenever I drive the vehicle and exit, it's sitting straight. But when I return after an hour or so, it always seems to be lower in the rear, but then drive it again, look at it and it's straight. But absolutely no compressor noise what so ever.
    Could it be the weight of the Gas?
    Anything advise on what to check for?
    No lights on the dash either, just a bad tire sensor.
    The compressor is right behind the drivers rear tire. I could be the fuse if it is not working. The compressor may be gone.

  4. #3
    MrHolland's Avatar
    MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    6,294

    Re: New Owner Questions

    If the recall has been performed, the actual heating unit would have been removed. IIRC, AlphaTherm made a replacement unit that addressed the recall issues of the OEM unit. Its a plug and play install/upgrade.

    Auto wipers only work on the first click. They'll run as they fit as well as modify the speed themselves

    Welcome to the forum!

  5. #4
    jtuomainen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade Hybrid 2009
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Estonia
    Age
    36
    Posts
    79

    Re: New Owner Questions

    I think auto-wipers work at least with the first two lowest settings. My rear seats (not attached now) are 50/50 splitted but I think fit three, I do assume the middle seat in the rear might be even less comfortable than the others. I have bench on the second row and my car is registered for 8 (1+7). When turning the engine on, soon the compressor should run for few seconds.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Similar Threads

  1. New CTS-V owner and new to the site - Warranty/Mod questions.
    By rdubfalco in forum 2009-2015 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-21-14, 10:27 AM
  2. New Member: New Owner: Too Many Questions.
    By jgbulgin in forum Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-20-14, 02:38 PM
  3. Hi,new Cadillac Sedan Deville owner and new member with a few questions
    By a333dea in forum Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
    1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-23-11, 01:51 PM
  4. New Owner, New Questions
    By 04Lac in forum Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-20-11, 05:51 AM
  5. New member also a new Caddy owner with a few questions!
    By OLDSKOOLPK in forum Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-21-08, 12:26 PM

Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Genesis | Kia Forte Forum