New owner, some questions
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, New owner, some questions in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Just purchased a 2011 ESV Platinum, loving it so far. They run so smooth down the road. High miles but ...
    flblue1968 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

New owner, some questions

Just purchased a 2011 ESV Platinum, loving it so far. They run so smooth down the road. High miles but overall in good condition. A few things wrong with it I'd like to fix if anybody has any suggestions/answers to my questions , thanks in advance.

The cruise isn't working, I searched this forum and I have the brake switch down by the pedal on order so fingers crossed that fixes it. I've ordered the aftermarket later model tall tail lights which I think is a nice upgrade lighting wise.

The drivers side mirror doesn't fold in, the other side is fine but the drivers side moves about half an inch likes it's trying to move but gives up. Is that the gear/motor inside that I need to replace?

My passenger headlight has condensation inside so it must have a crack in it or in the housing somewhere. Are there any good aftermarket set of headlight assemblies anybody recommends? The OEMS on ebay are $900 for the pair and up and I can't afford that.

Am I better trying to find a used headlight assembly or living with the condensation which is pretty ugly as it's filling the whole front of the glass. Do they have any weak spots i should check to maybe find the cause of the condensation?

What is the best set up to connect/mirror my Android to the stock system. I've found Nav Tool and NAVIKS, has anybody used these or is there another one I should look at?

The vehicle had 45 psi rear tire pressure, 35 front. It should be 35 all around right on 22's?

Again, thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

007matman is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: New owner, some questions

I can answer a few of those.

35psi sounds correct.

Cheapest way to add Bluetooth is to go through the Aux In on the back of the console. Get a cable that plugs into the RCA's and converts to a 3.5mm jack. Inexpensive Bluetooth adapter and you're set. I routed the wires under the console and inside the glove box. All you see is the plugs and a small bit of wire that goes inside the console.

Headlights are expensive. Not many aftermarket options out there for our vehicles. Buy used if you can find it. However, sometimes used in good condition is almost as much as brand new.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info!, the Bose system already comes with Bluetooth, I'd like to mirror (if possible) my phone screen to the main screen like this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go6f8o1zq0Y

Does anybody have the part number for the "switchback" LED turn signals that do this.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2cnVFO_hTk

2muchspl is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by flblue1968 View Post

Does anybody have the part number for the "switchback" LED turn signals that do this.....

I had to change my socket to 3157, the style of bulb he used is type 2 switchback. Thats very important if u want that particular look. Type 1 alternates white/yellow/white/yellow while flashing then back to white when signals cancels. The 3157 socket has 3 wires, 2 will tie directly into stock turn sig wires the 3rd wire will go to positive on fog light. When fogs are off you get yellow only. Heres mine

https://youtu.be/JNz4murj4AI

OK, so to do this upgrade I will need these 8 pieces?...

2 x Fog lights 9145 LEDs
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...acforumscon-20

2 x 3157 sockets
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Pair-Adapter-Socket-Plugs-Connectors-Harness-Wire-For-3157-4057-3156-Bulb/331220116127?epid=27018982456&hash=item4d1e41e29f: g~wAAOSwDaBb846E:rk:4f:0&LH_BIN=1

Resistors..
    https://www.amazon.com/4Pcs-Aaron-6o...GMWFYA98R7MEXS

2 x 3157 Switchback LED bulbs..
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...acforumscon-20

Is that everything I need? There is nothing worse than being in the middle of a job and you are missing something

Thanks!

2muchspl is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac Escalade

Is that everything I need? There is nothing worse than being in the middle of a job and you are missing something

Thanks!
    The switch back link bounced to the fogs, but everything else was right. IIRC I had to dremel one of the tangs on the new sockets ever so slightly. Could of been a defect of China produced part.

Thanks for the info!, the Bose system already comes with Bluetooth, I'd like to mirror (if possible) my phone screen to the main screen like this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go6f8o1zq0Y

Yes, it does have Bluetooth.

Unfortunately, it only supports phone calls.

Try it out..

Another question. The vehicle came with no remotes or headphones for any of the back flip screens or the screens in the headrests.
    Can I pick these up aftermarket anywhere? Please do't tell me it's dealer only.
    Thanks.

I don't know about the headrest monitor/system. However, I picked up one for our system online (Amazon).

ACDelco 20929305 GM Original Equipment Video Player Remote Control https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0049Z8K36..._U2ZBCbM50JBDS

0223191639a(1).jpg

Replaced the rear tail lights today to the newer model ones, easy to do, only took about 15 mins and looks much better.

Do the front and rear badges just pop off? The black circle part? I'd like to replaced them, they are very faded. Has anybody got any tips on this. I can't tell if they just pop off with a screw driver or if it's a bigger job? Thanks.

0223191639(1).jpg
    0223191639b(1).jpg

I'm loving this vehicle so far, it glides down the road...... I have 3 issues though bugging the crap out of me , if anybody knows the answers, TIA.

1. The driver seat memory isn't keeping its setting. Every time I get in I have to press #1 for it to go back to the setting I have chosen. I have set the seat by pressing and holding down #1 till it beeps, but every time I get back in it's in a different position. I have to press #1 every time. I've tried different settings in the menu, I don't get it, what am I doing wrong?

2. Is their any way to turn the automatic door locks off altogether? The only choice seems to be all the doors lock when you hit a certain speed or when you put the vehicle in drive. Anyway to turn this off completely and not have the doors lock?

3. On the stereo, if you are say in FM and you press XM on the screen, it goes to the last XM channel and shows it on the screen, BUT if you press the arrows on the steering wheel it jumps right back to the last FM station you were on. It does not scroll through the XM channels you chose at the top of the screen.

jtuomainen is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade Hybrid 2009

I'm loving this vehicle so far, it glides down the road...... I have 3 issues though bugging the crap out of me , if anybody knows the answers, TIA.

1. The driver seat memory isn't keeping its setting. Every time I get in I have to press #1 for it to go back to the setting I have chosen. I have set the seat by pressing and holding down #1 till it beeps, but every time I get back in it's in a different position. I have to press #1 every time. I've tried different settings in the menu, I don't get it, what am I doing wrong?

2. Is their any way to turn the automatic door locks off altogether? The only choice seems to be all the doors lock when you hit a certain speed or when you put the vehicle in drive. Anyway to turn this off completely and not have the doors lock?

3. On the stereo, if you are say in FM and you press XM on the screen, it goes to the last XM channel and shows it on the screen, BUT if you press the arrows on the steering wheel it jumps right back to the last FM station you were on. It does not scroll through the XM channels you chose at the top of the screen.
    1. You sure you are opening the doors with remote 1 and not 2?

2. I believe you can from DIC.

1. You sure you are opening the doors with remote 1 and not 2?
    Yes, #1 is the top button of the 3 memory buttons.

2. I believe you can from DIC.
    In my menu I have 2 options for the automatics locks it looks like, you can choose it locks at low vehicle speed OR when you shift in to Park, Turning it off isn't an option it looks like in my model anyway. Must be a safety feature.

That isn't as annoying as the seat moving out of position every time the vehicle is turned off and not returning to the selected #1 setting.

First world problems eh.

jtuomainen is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade Hybrid 2009

1. is the top button, but if you use remote #2 it moves seat and wheel it to #2 settings when unlocking the doors with remote. if you have easy exit enabled it will slide seat back when you turn the engine off.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in