I might buy a 1999 escalade
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, I might buy a 1999 escalade in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I don't find anything about these older vehicles, are they still worth buying? The vehicle is one owner and only62,000 ...
    jacklogan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 DTS & 2015 XTS

I might buy a 1999 escalade

I don't find anything about these older vehicles, are they still worth buying? The vehicle is one owner and only62,000 miles. It looks and acts like a new vehicle, without all the bells and whistles. The owner wants a LOT for it $6900.

Thanks

Jack

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Rivelite is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade

Re: I might buy a 1999 escalade

I have always liked the unique look if the front ends of the early Escalades/Denali. The split headlight and grill design/bumper looks clean IMO. It may come down to if you like the truck well enough and not compare it to others in its class now. If I recall, there was no third row and it still had drums in the back. A friend of mine had a 99 with sounds and he liked it because it was simple to work on. 6900 is way too much though as I would think 2000-2500k is more realistic. Even with 67k on the odometer, there are quiet s few components that a 20 year old vehicle would need replaced. The more maintenance records you have the better.

Good Luck

carguy75 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade AWD w/DiabloSport tuner,Jet Performance throttle body/MAF,Airaid MIT

Re: I might buy a 1999 escalade

Quote Originally Posted by jacklogan View Post
    I don't find anything about these older vehicles, are they still worth buying? The vehicle is one owner and only62,000 miles. It looks and acts like a new vehicle, without all the bells and whistles. The owner wants a LOT for it $6900.

Thanks

Jack
    The 1999 models are nice looking, but have dated technology even by the 2002-2006 Escalade standards. I believe the 1999 have the older weaker 5.7 V8 engine and very small brakes. Makes for a good collectible but I would not want to have one as a driver.

Here is a throwback review that tell all of the 1999 highlights.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in