Escalade Unsafe for Infant Due to Z95 Magneride Defect???
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
Cadillac Escalade and ESV Forum - 2015+ Discussion, Escalade Unsafe for Infant Due to Z95 Magneride Defect??? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Anybody else have issues with the notorious defective Z95 Magneride systems on their late model Escalade, Yukon or Tahoe? I ...
    crittcj is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade Luxury

Exclamation Escalade Unsafe for Infant Due to Z95 Magneride Defect???

Anybody else have issues with the notorious defective Z95 Magneride systems on their late model Escalade, Yukon or Tahoe? I have a 6 week old that the doctor has ordered not be allowed to ride in my wife's late model Escalade. Apparently this is a well-known and documented major safety issue which GM is well aware of but has failed to remedy for its customers. I've been dealing with corporate directly but they have been absolutely zero help so I have ordered parts necessary to convert the system to a traditional strut assembly. If you have, or have had this issue and live in the Boston/Massachusetts area and are willing to be part of an upcoming news special about your Cadillac being unsafe due to this known workmanship defect please let me know ASAP, they are interviewing my wife for the segment next week and are interested in other customer testimonials as well.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

nguyendot is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 14 CTS Vsport Black Tricoat/black, 16 Escalade Premium Lux Gray on Kona.

Re: Escalade Unsafe for Infant Due to Z95 Magneride Defect???

Perhaps a “why” in your post might help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DawnMD likes this.

centexcad2018 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

No would not give it a thought, Overall GM Suv are great, and hauled many of brats to tons of destinations, regardless of the shock or strut or whatever system.

Have to wonder is some of the problems experienced by people are really, driver related, its a truck, SUV, not a handling sports car or sedan

The dealer diagnosed it as a front suspension failure and acknowledged it's a known issue on new models. There were multiple Escalades in there for the same problem when I was there.

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Please refrain from posting the same thing in multiple locations.

I deleted one of the posts due to it being in the wrong section. I'll let this and the other one stand

Thanks, and sorry!

byrdman is online now RIP Officer Tara O'Sullivan
    Automobile(s): 2003 DeVille base, 149K miles

Quote Originally Posted by nguyendot View Post
    Perhaps a “why” in your post might help.
    yeah. you didn't say WHY it's a safety issue. Step us thru how a suspension issue becomes a safety issue for infants.

Head thrashing around violently in his car seat with every little bump, aka "shaken baby syndrome." Wife showed the doc a video to ask if she should be concerned and was told not to put him in the Escalade until suspension was fixed.

It's really bad, like the struts are nonexistent, car bounces around like a left coast low-rider. At first I told my wife it was just the 22s, boy was I wrong!

Turns out they all fail at 25-40k miles. GM has a TSB on it but refuses to acknowledge and actually fix the issue. I'm surprised NTSB hasn't stepped in yet, yesterday the front-end wheel hopped on me driving over the Cape Cod Canal bridge so bad that it almost sent me head on into oncoming traffic.

nguyendot is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 14 CTS Vsport Black Tricoat/black, 16 Escalade Premium Lux Gray on Kona.

My dealer replaced mine early before our warranty ran out. I didn’t even mention it. Outside warranty this is a common failure. Nothing new on this or the last generation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aside from my '66 C10 this is my first GM vehicle. I usually stick with Mopar daily drivers and between my wife and I we easily do 60-70k miles per year with literally zero issues in the past 15 years until we bought this pile of crap Escalade less than a year ago!

How on earth does GM have any loyal customers left with a product so bad that break-downs and defects are actually considered acceptable? Understand that nothing is perfect but if an issue this widespread happened to one of my Mopars I can guarantee they would have recalled and repaired at no cost without hesitation!

centexcad2018 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by crittcj View Post
    Aside from my '66 C10 this is my first GM vehicle. I usually stick with Mopar daily drivers and between my wife and I we easily do 60-70k miles per year with literally zero issues in the past 15 years until we bought this pile of crap Escalade less than a year ago!

How on earth does GM have any loyal customers left with a product so bad that break-downs and defects are actually considered acceptable? Understand that nothing is perfect but if an issue this widespread happened to one of my Mopars I can guarantee they would have recalled and repaired at no cost without hesitation!

Than go buy another Fiat

No, the dealer does not have Kool Aid in the customer area. Neither does BMW, Lexus......
    Put a brat in the back of BMW X5M, hit a rough road. Gonna bounce the critter around !!!
    Lexus with its softer tuned suspension, top heaviness, same gonna move the little darling around !!!

Sound like using a crying brat in the car, too sensationalize a story, get manufacturer to pony up new shocks.
    People expect too much out of machines now days. That is all it is, a piece of equipment, that you have too
    maintain which is expensive if not under a warranty

byrdman is online now RIP Officer Tara O'Sullivan
    Automobile(s): 2003 DeVille base, 149K miles

Quote Originally Posted by crittcj View Post
    Turns out they all fail at 25-40k miles. GM has a TSB on it but refuses to acknowledge and actually fix the issue. I'm surprised NTSB hasn't stepped in yet, yesterday the front-end wheel hopped on me driving over the Cape Cod Canal bridge so bad that it almost sent me head on into oncoming traffic.
    TSB's aren't a secret. If they exist they can be found. How did you come to the conclusion that "they all fail at 25-40K"? "notorious defective Z95 Magneride"? Another sweeping generalization. I have no facts to decide either way so my mind is open to hearing more.
    Ludacrisvp likes this.

SpyShops NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade

BOSTON & NYC has very rough roads and this can be the reason why there are so many posts objecting to what critics are talking about.

AZKlaus is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade EXT Premium, 2013 ESV Premium, 2016 ESV Premium

Lol I have 24s on 2016 and the ride is excellent, original suspension with 60k miles now. Vehicles need maintenance, suspension is one of those things. If you drive on crap roads they're probably going to fail prematurely.

My '14 Ram is on 22s on those same roads without a single issue after 120k miles. No issues with her previous low pro Rover or two GC Overlands either, and they had far more complex air suspensions...

You folks are scaring the hell out of me claiming that an $1800 repair after less than a year's mileage is acceptable! Is this typical across everything GM makes??? Does GM serve special kool aid in its service waiting room or something that keeps it's owner's coming back for more punishment?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in