2014 ELR Recall Notice: "Loss of Propulsion Due to Low Cell Voltage"
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ELR Forum (2014-2016) Discussion, 2014 ELR Recall Notice: "Loss of Propulsion Due to Low Cell Voltage" in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I saw this pop-up int he MyCadillac app last night and just confirmed its presence on the MyCadillac web site. ...
    NostraD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ELR w/Luxury Package & Adaptive Cruise Control

2014 ELR Recall Notice: "Loss of Propulsion Due to Low Cell Voltage"

I saw this pop-up int he MyCadillac app last night and just confirmed its presence on the MyCadillac web site. Has anyone else seen this and/or had this issue addressed?

Program Title: Loss of Propulsion Due to Low Cell Voltage

Program Description: Certain 2013 model year Chevrolet Volt vehicles equipped with a high voltage battery, may have a condition where it could gradually lose the ability to maintain voltage. If battery concerns are not addressed, over time the vehicle could enter a reduced propulsion mode while driving, or lose propulsion, or it may not start.

Repair Description: Dealers are to update the Hybrid Powertrain Control Module 2 (HPCM2). This software update is intended to increase the amount of warning time provided.

Capture.JPG

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

m_eaton53 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum

Re: 2014 ELR Recall Notice: "Loss of Propulsion Due to Low Cell Voltage"

So, do they actually do something about this "condition" or are they just going to tell you that it's going to happen?
    Something should be done about it before the long battery warranty expires.

I've already decided that if I get one of these things, it's going to be a '16, which is not part of this.
    I go to a lot of a car shows and an ELR would be a fine car to take if it looks like it might rain.
    As rare as the '16's are, there are many times more of them than mint original Merkur XR4Ti's, which are nearly extinct.

Deafsoundguy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2016 ELR

Re: 2014 ELR Recall Notice: "Loss of Propulsion Due to Low Cell Voltage"

Somewhere I was reading about cell 3 failing on the T-battery. Is this the same issue? I may have been on the volt forum briefly researching something or rather... so I may have seen it there. But it seemed from what I saw that it's always cell 3. However that and your post could be 2 different things I dunno... please keep us updated!!! Good luck sir.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in