Advice PLEASE! Going to just buy a 16. Life is Too short.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac ELR Forum (2014-2016) Discussion, Advice PLEASE! Going to just buy a 16. Life is Too short. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; What do you guys think? Is this fair. I really want a 16. It doesn't have to have adaptive cruise. ...
    1415CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS 3rd Gen Steller Black on Platinum Lux

Advice PLEASE! Going to just buy a 16. Life is Too short.

What do you guys think? Is this fair. I really want a 16. It doesn't have to have adaptive cruise. Is that price fair or are they reaching?

Going to probably sell the CTS or convince the wife to drive it. LOL! She thinks it's a "showboat" car. Good gosh it's not a Lambo! LOL!

Thanks in advance guys!

I think this might (not sure) be a "bait car" You know get you in the dealership.

https://www.patrickcadillac.com/Vehi...-IL/3417590753

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

m_eaton53 is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum

Re: Advice PLEASE! Going to just buy a 16. Life is Too short.

Quote Originally Posted by 1415CTS View Post
    I think this might (not sure) be a "bait car" You know get you in the dealership.
    I don't think a used ELR can be a bait car. It's not like they can switch you to something else.

Actually, yes it can. They do it all the time. They have 4, so they claim.

Deafsoundguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2016 ELR

What do you guys think? Is this fair. I really want a 16. It doesn't have to have adaptive cruise. Is that price fair or are they reaching?https://www.patrickcadillac.com/Vehi...-IL/3417590753
    Since I just bought mine within the last 2 months, things are still pretty fresh as far as prices. Since I can compare apples with apples because I bought a black one with about the same miles with the CPO, my opinion is that it's slightly high in price. I paid right under $30k. But then again, you get Kona seats so up to you how much that is worth...maybe $1000? And then, I'm having to pay $1000 for some black wheels which this car already has and rare for available cars for sale. So that's worth something if you have to have black wheels like me (can't wait till they get here)! Then I had to pay $1100 for the car to be shipped here. I assume you're close enough to drive there. All in all looking at it like that, then it's about the same I would have invested.

The pictures show it looking like it's brand new. My car came in like a 9.5 condition, but this car looks even better with 2000 less miles. So probably worth it if you like Kona seats and have to have black wheels. I wouldn't think about buying one that didn't have the CPO, so since it already has that - you're good to go!

Go get it buddy!
    1415CTS likes this.

Actually, yes it can. They do it all the time. They have 4, so they claim.
    The other ones don't matter.
    The only questions are do they actually have it and is the price correct.
    If they do and it is and that price is one you're willing to pay, then it's just a matter of going there to see if it meets your expectations and making a deal.

I would be very surprised if the dealership was unscrupulous being a Cadillac dealer. Cadillac is a high end brand, or so they make you want to believe. They are at 4.4 out of 5 on Google reviews. You will always have unhappy people who are insane and expect weird expectations so there's always going to be some bad reviews for anyone. I would believe after seeing the listing and the pics that the car and price is for real, especially when they are stating it's CPO. Hopefully 1415CTS is close enough for personal inspection. But if he is, you know what's going to happen... he going to fall in love with that sweet beauty!

I had a great interaction with Germain Cadillac out of Ohio. And the first thing he said on the phone is the price is the price so he put that forward on the first note. And it was cheaper than all the rest, and I knew that, so didn't expect to deal any price down. It was a great deal and happy with the price I paid.
    1415CTS and Indygreg like this.

I forgot to mention that this is the closet VIN to my car that I've seen! within 100... anyone higher than my car? Last 6 digits of mine - 137564...

Quote Originally Posted by Deafsoundguy View Post
    I had a great interaction with Germain Cadillac out of Ohio. And the first thing he said on the phone is the price is the price so he put that forward on the first note.
    That makes it easy.
    All you have to do is like the car.
    1415CTS likes this.

Cadichg is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I also recently bought my '16 as a Certified Used lease return from a dealer in Phoenix AZ. It is black with black interior and has the adaptive cruise control. 26,500 miles. Paid $33,250. I have been tracking prices for several months and that is par for the mileage and Cad dealer stock. It does scare me how cheap ($21,000-$25,000) the '14's are selling for. Is that what our '16's will be worth 2 years from now??
    1415CTS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadichg View Post
    I also recently bought my '16 as a Certified Used lease return from a dealer in Phoenix AZ. It is black with black interior and has the adaptive cruise control. 26,500 miles. Paid $33,250. I have been tracking prices for several months and that is par for the mileage and Cad dealer stock. It does scare me how cheap ($21,000-$25,000) the '14's are selling for. Is that what our '16's will be worth 2 years from now??
    They made 10X as many '14's as '16's so there is some "collectible" factor.
    It's possible. Or it could end up being a car with difficult to obtain parts that becomes cheap because people are afraid of it.
    Time will tell...
    1415CTS likes this.

loomis2 is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 16 ELR

Judging by the photo of the steering wheel I kind of think this has adaptive cruise as well. It certainly has all the buttons in the right places. I have this exact same color\interior\wheels with more miles that I bought about 6 months ago and I paid slightly more so it is a good thing I already have mine or I would jump all over this if you didn't. I don't even have the cpo warranty since I bought from a private seller.
    1415CTS likes this.

ccclarke is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum

Before you pull the trigger, ensure the salesman prints a copy of the Service History, (so you know if its had any issues) and Build Sheet, which lists when it was built, and all installed options. Check Carfax (free) too.

ccclarke is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Deafsoundguy View Post
    I would be very surprised if the dealership was unscrupulous being a Cadillac dealer. Cadillac is a high end brand, or so they make you want to believe. They are at 4.4 out of 5 on Google reviews. You will always have unhappy people who are insane and expect weird expectations so there's always going to be some bad reviews for anyone. I would believe after seeing the listing and the pics that the car and price is for real, especially when they are stating it's CPO. Hopefully 1415CTS is close enough for personal inspection. But if he is, you know what's going to happen... he going to fall in love with that sweet beauty!

I had a great interaction with Germain Cadillac out of Ohio. And the first thing he said on the phone is the price is the price so he put that forward on the first note. And it was cheaper than all the rest, and I knew that, so didn't expect to deal any price down. It was a great deal and happy with the price I paid.
    Brand has little to do with honesty. This forum is full of horror stories populated by unscrupulous Cadillac dealerships/salesman.

Great points! Thanks a ton guys! Yes Sir, I am close to Chicago, (6 hour) short drive. I looked at just flying as we have seriously like 20 plus flights a day from MSP (including a prop one from AirChoice one) and it's almost cheaper than driving w no Chicago traffic, which is absolutely NUTS! ORD is a 7 min uber to this dealer. Germain in Columbus is a bit of a haul, however. I'm still debating - Schedule may force a quick flight.

Great point too as far as value, my $ is on these will all depreciate, unless you have one in the GM poly in your garage! LOL! There were just so many more of the 14's - exactly! There are so few of the 16's but then there is a slew of pure EV's coming, which I'm not 100% sold on because of lack of "network," and I'd have to redo my panel, which is in my finished basement - not ready for that. I can go pure EV with this anyway on 110V (short, 12 mile commute). Gas will be around for awhile and so will the infrastructure, so this is the best of both worlds.

Exactly though - only time will tell, with value. My bet is it will depreciate - just not as fast as a 14. I'll part it out in 2024 on feeBay for the head lights/tail lights. That will pay for the purchase price! LOL!

I was also at my local Caddy Dealer yesterday, very small dealer - Key of Edina, MN. Had to bring my CTS in for recalls. They of course didn't have one but I wanted to talk to the sales guys. Closest ELR to me is in Mankato but it's a 14 with tan. The sales guys at Key there were like, oh yeah we remember those ELR's and we got like 2. Heck of a lot of torque. Caddy is going pure EV with all it's vehicles by 2022/2023 according to them. Can you imagine an EV Escalade! LOL!

Thanks again Guys! Next time I talk to the Patrick Caddy folks in CHI they are going to be like - "hmmm, we have seen some internet traffic on that car, so not sure we are going to honor that price" LOL.

They really do track that stuff, I'm not kidding. It's crazy! I'm just going to have to show them this link. The great folks at Cadillac Forum helped decide with me! It really did help, thank you, cuz this was a very tricky car purchase. I will be back with pics!

That's great you've made a decision to get the car! Seems like white is moving a lot more slowly... For me it had to be a 16. History is gonna show a lot more respect for 16's especially for ones in excellent condition. If mine got totaled tomorrow I would absolutely look for another 16 first thing. I've never really been a Cadillac fan, it's just that for the right person they are so cool for what they are, and I really appreciate the styling and goodies it comes with.

For anyone who doesn't care about red light Grand Prix and taking corners like Batman, I think the 14's are a hot deal. The grill was probably the biggest thing for me after acceleration (had to equal my i3). I didn't care too much about the grill. Yeah you could buy the newer one but it's not going to make it have the 2016 goodies...

At this point I really don't care about deprecation because I want an electric/gas on demand car that is luxurious inside and the Cad is the only one out there decently priced and is a keeper! Now that I'm totally infatuated with the regen paddle, that feature alone will keep me out of anything else unless someone puts the same thing on their new models .

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in