Advice PLEASE! Going to just buy a 16. Life is Too short. - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac ELR Forum (2014-2016) Discussion, Advice PLEASE! Going to just buy a 16. Life is Too short. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by ccclarke Brand has little to do with honesty. This forum is full of horror stories populated by ...
    Deafsoundguy is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2016 ELR

Re: Advice PLEASE! Going to just buy a 16. Life is Too short.

Quote Originally Posted by ccclarke View Post
    Brand has little to do with honesty. This forum is full of horror stories populated by unscrupulous Cadillac dealerships/salesman.
    Yeah you're right, but I'd bet the ratio of good Cad dealers to your average blow-smoke-up-your-rear used car dealer is a lot higher. Our dealer in Portland was great when we bought our SRX. But, I DID get jacked around by the one in Olympia Wa, so there is that....

Kept telling me "yeah all the numbers look right, come on up and let's do the deal". Then when I'd request the numbers on paper the numbers they wanted were higher when I told them 5 times "this is the number I can afford - no more". Then they'd come back with "okay that should work" and the paperwork wouldn't change... A$$h*les! Their whole thing was to get me to drive all that way, when they knew I certainly wouldn't want to drive back home in my trade in, and then railroad me into a higher payment. Total douchebag ploy. Felt GREAT when they called me back in a week offering me a little more money off that I had got a better deal and one was on the way from Ohio!

worked out for the best when I got a CPO for less money!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

black93 is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ELR

I bought mine without seeing it. I found it on the internet talked to the salesman got lot of pictures all the paperwork that I asked for. There was no problem with price. Had it picked up from Texas and delivered to Calif. the only problem I had was I wanted the back portion of the driver seat replaced. The manager at the time arranged for that to happen. Got picture and it looked good. About 3 weeks later the color started pealing. I called the salesman He said that he did not know they sprayed it. At that time the only thing he could do was send me the cover and I would have to have it installed at my expense. Long story short the used car manager is no longer there and the salesman said he had to pay for it himself . So I now have a $700 kona seat cover. Love the car still learning all the electrical gadgets.

m_eaton53 is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Deafsoundguy View Post
    Seems like white is moving a lot more slowly... For me it had to be a 16.
    I'd like a white '16. I've owned a White Diamond SLS, Gen 1 SRX and the wife's current XTS Platinum.
    But I'd also take a white '14 because that means it's a Saks. It's the rarest ELR of all with only 38 made.

Deafsoundguy is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2016 ELR

Quote Originally Posted by m_eaton53 View Post
    I'd like a white '16. I've owned a White Diamond SLS, Gen 1 SRX and the wife's current XTS Platinum.
    But I'd also take a white '14 because that means it's a Saks. It's the rarest ELR of all with only 38 made.
    I like the White too if it's got black wheels. Currently there's only one on Cargurus right now that has black wheels (a 2016) and it's the most money but it does have Kona seats and low miles so there is that... I don't know what it is but the black wheels on white just make it look way more sporty to me.... White ELR.jpeg

There's 2 other ELR's in the background in the pic

Indygreg is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Dude buy it! The Kona is awesome and the blacked out wheels look super nice. Never seen the combo. For the price you won't ever get this much car again.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Deafsoundguy View Post
    I would be very surprised if the dealership was unscrupulous being a Cadillac dealer. Cadillac is a high end brand, or so they make you want to believe. They are at 4.4 out of 5 on Google reviews. You will always have unhappy people who are insane and expect weird expectations so there's always going to be some bad reviews for anyone. I would believe after seeing the listing and the pics that the car and price is for real, especially when they are stating it's CPO. Hopefully 1415CTS is close enough for personal inspection. But if he is, you know what's going to happen... he going to fall in love with that sweet beauty!

I had a great interaction with Germain Cadillac out of Ohio. And the first thing he said on the phone is the price is the price so he put that forward on the first note. And it was cheaper than all the rest, and I knew that, so didn't expect to deal any price down. It was a great deal and happy with the price I paid.
    Germain price the cars absolutely spot on. I think they may be the best dealership I've ever dealt with. Having said that, there is another caddy dealer here that I'm not impressed with. Lots of bad Cadillac dealers IMO.

I like the Cascada wheels.

I like my Cadillac dealer, too. The local MB & BMW dealers? No thanks!!
    Indygreg likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by m_eaton53 View Post
    I like the Cascada wheels.

I like my Cadillac dealer, too. The local MB & BMW dealers? No thanks!!
    Local Mercedes dealers in Indy would never let me drive a car. I bought a 90k clk430 from a chitown dealer.

Bro is that your car? That's the hottest package in white with those Wheels IMO. Put Kona in it and I'd be set! I've got a black on black 2014 that's sexy enough but yours us next level!!

Quote Originally Posted by Indygreg View Post
    Local Mercedes dealers in Indy would never let me drive a car. I bought a 90k clk430 from a chitown dealer.

Bro is that your car? That's the hottest package in white with those Wheels IMO. Put Kona in it and I'd be set! I've got a black on black 2014 that's sexy enough but yours us next level!!

No... my wife has a 2015 XTS Platinum, also metallic white.
    I drive a 2015 Cruze Diesel (it does a fine job as a car to drive back and forth to work) and a 45K mile original 1989 Merkur XR4Ti show car.

Merkurs in good condition are extremely rare. Both the XR4Ti and Scorpio are on Hagerty Insurance's Endangered List.
    Between the XR4Ti and Scorpio, Hagerty has less than 20 insured examples. Most of those are modified, mine is not... it's a near mint survivor.
    So, I have ample experience with a car with unobtainium parts... and a rather finicky one to boot. I've owned it for years and you learn how to deal with issues.
    Someone (or more than one) becomes a go to source for parts when they age. Being an EV may complicate matters a bit... we'll see.

I've been studying these cars very closely, even before came out in '14.
    When the $75K MSRP came out, I knew it was trouble. If it had come out before the Volt, then maybe. After the Volt, no chance.
    I test drove one as soon as the dealer got it. It's a great car and IMO, the best looking Cadillac in a long time.
    But that price was not going to fly. The cars piled up and prices dropped in a big hurry.

I've owned many pre-owned luxury cars because they depreciate.
    But nothing deprecated like an ELR and they became feasible a very strong blip on my radar because of it.
    The wife's car had a $67K MSRP. I bought it at similar age and mileage as these ELRs for $27K.
    That's Camry money. But who wants a Camry... ugh... not me!!
    I've never spent more than $30K on a car in my life. There's no reason to when I can get cars like these for less than $30K.

When I retire in a few years and don't have to drive to work I'd like to buy an ELR as my DD.
    I'd put a few miles a year on it. During the summer my wife can drive it to car shows and park it next to the Merkur.

That's why I like either the one in the pic or a '14 Saks. The rarer the better.
    Because those wheels were also used on the Cascada, they are pretty easy to get. Wheel swap on a show car is no biggie as long as they are OEM wheels.
    My '89 XR4Ti has '88 wheels because the '89 wheels are a pain in the butt to clean. The '89 wheels are stored in boxes.
    I'd do the same on an ELR if I found a nice one with everything correct but the wheels.

The other thing I will not have is a black interior.
    They get too hot, so I would get either Cashmere or Kona. I have no preference between the two.
    Mine will not have to be as new or low mileage as these. I'll be looking for a very clean one with 50K to 60K on it.

cbodie278@yahoo.com is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2018 Escalade 4WD

and if you get the carfax get ALL the pages of the report.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in