For cryin out loud aftermarket wheels are next to impossible to find!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ELR Forum (2014-2016) Discussion, For cryin out loud aftermarket wheels are next to impossible to find! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I've spent so many hours trying to find some aftermarket wheels. The jury is still out on whether or not ...
    Deafsoundguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2016 ELR

For cryin out loud aftermarket wheels are next to impossible to find!

I've spent so many hours trying to find some aftermarket wheels. The jury is still out on whether or not the statement from AudiocityUSA is true that "supposedly" they have some black 7 spoke Morder wheels coming in that will fit but I don't believe them.... I guess I'll know in the next 2 weeks with their next container from our intellectual property stealing Chinese friends.

I admit that I'm really lucky that the stock ELR wheels are good looking wheels as I hate 99.9% of every wheel out there ever made. And so it's not that big a thing but really wanted some more 3 dimensional wheels for the car, and not too thin of spoke. Want 7 spoke. I'm going to keep searching but if Audiocity doesn't get any in of the Morder 007, I will get some black stock ELR wheels. There's been a few cars I didn't buy in the past, the Jag I-Pace for example, because I just hate the wheels they offer for them.

If anyone has any more info on wheel availability I'd like to know. At this point I know the bolt pattern, offset, bore size, width like the back of my hand

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

m_eaton53 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum

Re: For cryin out loud aftermarket wheels are next to impossible to find!

Have you looked at wheels for a Buick, Opel, Vauxhall or Holden Cascada?
    The OEM wheels are the same as the ones on the ELR.

https://www.wheel-size.com/size/buick/cascada/2016/
    https://www.wheel-size.com/size/cadillac/elr/2016/

That could open up more possibilities.

I did look at some Buick ones and I thought they were different. I'll look again - good timing as I'm sitting at a Les Schwab right now getting 4 new TPMS sensors for my 2007 XK with time to kill! I guess I'm pretty lucky that my sensors made it 12 years when they're only supposed to last 5 years! That said.... still have to pay the $500+ for new sensors and then the "learning" frequency scans.. argh!

Thanks!

1415CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS 3rd Gen Steller Black on Platinum Lux

Checked FeeBay I take it? Honestly you wouldn't think it but Discount Tire, at least mid has been VERY helpful with my wheels. TirePros is terrible on the other hand. Stay away from them!

I checked for another 2 hours yesterday and thank you m_eaton53 for the Buick Cascada interchangeability. I did find more wheels but I like none of them. I'm super picky about my wheels! And the fact that I want black really slims down the pie slice. It's like most wheels these days are supposed to appeal to rappers....

Yes, I checked eBay and there's like 50 thousand wheel sellers that say their wheel will fit the ELR and then shows the 6 bolt wheel -ARGH ! And then they say they're able to deliver in 5 days and it's just a crock - they don't have them. They just want your money and do a bait and switch. I wouldn't even mind going down a size or 2 to 19" or 18" if the wheel looked great and picked up even more ride quality. But so far I haven't found anything. I went by searching by bore and pattern too and American racing has some, but they're the same 5 spoke tired design from 30 years ago and would look stupid on the ELR.

I know from having this same Wheel Holy Grail thing looking for my then 95' Jag VDP that it took me years to find a truly outstanding wheel and they were awesome (from Niche) and after I found them I had to have a machine shop at Les Schwab's expense mill them down 3 times to make them fit! They were supposed to fit the first time! So they're probably out there, but rare as "Unobtainium" as one of you guys put it!

I will check out Discount Tire - thx

ccclarke is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum

Have you seen these (dark) GM accessory ELR Wheels?

https://www.gmpartsgiant.com/accesso...lr~wheels.html

Quote Originally Posted by ccclarke View Post
    Have you seen these (dark) GM accessory ELR Wheels?

https://www.gmpartsgiant.com/accesso...lr~wheels.html
    Yes sir. I have noticed that there are those being the graphite black and then there's the gloss black. I prefer the gloss ones. So, as it sits, right now the best deal I see out there is this one - for 4 gloss black ones and $145 in shipping for a total of $1040 and they're "remanufactured" and guaranteed.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/20-CADILLAC...item2a9c0d2de3

That being said though, they state no center caps - ARGH! So what's up with that? And that seems to be the "Unobtainium" of which has been spoken. I looked around, don't see them anywhere.... and if you go to the GM parts store they have caps (and you have to buy 4 even though they give you the per piece price...) but nothing stated in black . WTF? So I guess maybe you just have to take your existing caps in if you have them and get them powder coated yourself.

So, if my Morder ones don't come in, these will be the wheels I'll get from Detroit Tire and Wheel. Hopefully I'll know this next week if AudiocityUSA are liars or not about the Morders, of which sound like they're made for the Hobbit movies.

That GM store is confusing.... on the same page they have 6oz wheel weights listed for $495. I guess they must be made from depleted uranium for shooting at tanks! On the other hand, they have tire pressure monitor sensors listed for like a third of what I've seen needing them for other cars. Weird...

Update - I finally found black centercaps with a big multicolor Caddy emblem here:

https://www.gmpartsgiant.com/parts/g...del=&Filter=()

Apparently they don't give them away... Doesn't state that they are indeed the stock wheel 160mm cap, but would assume so. Pretty cool.

I have verified that most of the ebay sellers who list out their wheels 100 times in row and say "Fits cadillac ELR" are liars. I got to verify that some of these models are just "blanks" that they send out to be drilled to fit your car, but the blanks can easily be styles that they don't actually offer anymore, but continue to list on ebay. I ended up ordering 4 ELR stock wheels from Detroit Tire and Wheel. In their case, you order them, they go back and find some, then they chemically strip them (the best way) and then powder coat them whatever color you want. Want it Mary K pink? No problem. But I thought it was a good deal for $1040 for 4 refurbished wheels (not Chinese replicas) and that included shipping from Detroit to Portland.

There are wheels out there for the ELR/Buick Cascada but most are chrome and I'm done with chrome. 1415CTS was right about Discount Tire, they seem to have the best website as far as actual working wheel/car configurator as far as I could tell. But could not find one I liked better than the stock good looking wheel.

jayoldschool is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS SportWagon

2nd Gen CTS has the same bolt pattern! That should seriously open up the choices.

m_eaton53 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by jayoldschool View Post
    2nd Gen CTS has the same bolt pattern! That should seriously open up the choices.
    Watch out for the offset...
    ELRs are FWD and CTS is Back Wheel Drive / AWD.

Quote Originally Posted by jayoldschool View Post
    At a quick glance, the bolt pattern is different for 2008 an up CTS (5x120). It is the same bolt pattern and lugnut size (M12) for 2003 to 2007 CTS. Bore size should work 70.5 versus 70.3 for the ELR. However as M_Eaton points out, offset could be a problem, who knows what wheel spacers could do though...

jayoldschool is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS SportWagon

Apology, thought they were the same. Gen 1 Volters grab the CTS spare, always thought it was the gen 2...

Cadichg is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I just had installed last week on my black '16 ELR some Touren TR60 wheels ordered off Amazon. Funny you mentioned the OEM wheels powdercoated black from Detroit Tire and Wheel. I corresponded with them prior to deciding on the Touren wheel. I also found the OEM black center caps with color Cad logo online. The Touren's are 20x8.5, satin black with a machined lip, 40mm offset. Had to order some concentric rings to match the 72.62 hub diameter. They fit and look great! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Quote Originally Posted by Cadichg View Post
    I just had installed last week on my black '16 ELR some Touren TR60 wheels ordered off Amazon. Funny you mentioned the OEM wheels powdercoated black from Detroit Tire and Wheel. I corresponded with them prior to deciding on the Touren wheel. I also found the OEM black center caps with color Cad logo online. The Touren's are 20x8.5, satin black with a machined lip, 40mm offset. Had to order some concentric rings to match the 72.62 hub diameter. They fit and look great! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    If you like them that's all that matters. Please post pics I would love to see them on the car. At that price, they have to be Chinese made wheels, which most are by far these days. From what I've read.... you may want to pick up a spare wheel if you clobber a rim in a pothole... seem way cheap and affordable, get em while they're hot and while they're still made. All the ones I wanted and were advertised were no longer being made...argh!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in