Just purchased 2016 ELR (version II)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ELR Forum (2014-2016) Discussion, Just purchased 2016 ELR (version II) in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I just bought a 2016 ELR Saturday, identical twin to the 2016 ELR I bought new back in 2016, passion ...
    JohnnyRockit is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Just purchased 2016 ELR (version II)

I just bought a 2016 ELR Saturday, identical twin to the 2016 ELR I bought new back in 2016, passion red/cashmere, this one with 9,700 miles..

I wish I could've gotten adaptive cruise, but NONE of the ELRs I was shopping had it, was it rare in 2016 or something?

Anyway I live in Texas and the car was in Maryland so there was a 1200 return trip from the dealership last weekend. I averaged 35.3 mpg on the trip...100% on gas.

I can't begin to say to happy I am to have an ELR again since I sold my last one before I was really "done" with it. Now that I'm back in TX, I've averaged right around 250 mpg this week, a far cry from my diesel Excursion.

Happy Motoring!

JohnnyRockit

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

1415CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS 3rd Gen Steller Black on Platinum Lux

Re: Just purchased 2016 ELR (version II)

CONGRATS!! ELR's are a fantastic way to "step in" to fully electric. Model 3's just went up in price too. Can I ask what it cost? I am in the market for a 16. Open on color, just got to get my black wheels. There is one in Atlanta for 31900 that is close to my specs, but I think they can do better on cost.

congrats again!!

Deafsoundguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2016 ELR

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyRockit View Post
    I just bought a 2016 ELR Saturday, identical twin to the 2016 ELR I bought new back in 2016, passion red/cashmere, this one with 9,700 miles..JohnnyRockit
    Was this a case of sellers remorse? That would be quite a statement... then to pick up another identical one? Or was this a case of you turned in your lease one?

I love my black one, however if I had my way I would have got a red with black interior. There's one on Cargurus right now but I don't think it has CPO status...

As much as I love my XK, every time I drive it now, I get a frowny face because I can't have a regen paddle like my sweet ELR has... I just can't get over how great that feature is!

reciprocity is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V (red), 2009 CTS Premium Sedan (red), 2016 ELR (silver)

Very cool! Welcome back to the fold. I know I'd regret selling my ELR. It's a great car.

1415CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS 3rd Gen Steller Black on Platinum Lux

Yeah outside St. Louis. That is sweet! Just dropped $1000. too. I think he's too high still. Love the look though. Agree!

JohnnyRockit is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

It was a bit of seller's remorse. I owned my first one, so it wasn't a lease. But I had just sold my business and wasn't sure I wanted to have that much cash tied up in vehicles, so I sold some.

I replaced it with a hybrid Lincoln MKZ, a decent car but not in the same league as the ELR. The one I just purchased is CPO, so i have warranty if only Cadillac will keep making parts!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyRockit View Post
    It was a bit of seller's remorse. I owned my first one, so it wasn't a lease. But I had just sold my business and wasn't sure I wanted to have that much cash tied up in vehicles, so I sold some.

I replaced it with a hybrid Lincoln MKZ, a decent car but not in the same league as the ELR. The one I just purchased is CPO, so i have warranty if only Cadillac will keep making parts!
    I feel your pain - I just sold my business (me carrying the contract and no money down to my employee) so was in the same boat - didn't know if I wanted to take on more debt in the afterlife. However selling my i3 took a big chunk out of the pain. And I do not miss the i3 whatsoever as the Caddy is so nice to look at and so many more gizmos.

Yeah CPO is so much of a piece of mind, it was a necessity on my purchase. When reading all the forum posts before I bought my car, I checked and made sure that some of those parts were common parts to other GM vehicles. I'm just going to have to worry about tail lights and headlight assemblies if I get clobbered, but they are still listed anyway

Cadichg is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hello all - I too just purchased a 2016 ELR certified used lease return with 27k miles on it. I have been stalking them for awhile now. I live in Northern California and had to go to Phoenix AZ to get it. Price was a tad high from the Cadillac dealer, $33,250. It is black with black interior and has the adaptive cruise control which I love! After my 900 mile drive back home from Phoenix, I have had it for a month and used only a smidge of gas in my daily driving. Of course I'm retired so that is a lot of running around. Best E range I have gotten is 44.5 miles, worst is 25 miles. I have added ceramic tint, and some black wheels. Have on order black CA plates "CADICHG". ELR pic2.JPG

Congrats! That's still pretty low of miles and with ACC that doesn't sound like too much, especially if it's in perfect condition. Can't wait to add black wheels to mine. Did you get CPO with that?

Currently I'm averaging 47-48 miles electric range, sometimes as high as 52. I know I could do better, but then I'd probably p*$$ off a lot of drivers behind me... I coast whenever I can, and I live in an area with a lot of small hills and the ability to coast a long ways when no one is riding my bumper.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in