WTB 2016 ONLY ELR Black or white. Will travel anywhere in the US.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Indygreg
Cadillac ELR Forum (2014-2016) Discussion, WTB 2016 ONLY ELR Black or white. Will travel anywhere in the US. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hey Guys, just looking for a 2016 ELR Black, preferably. Really I will consider anything, just mileage has to be ...
    1415CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS 3rd Gen Steller Black on Platinum Lux

WTB 2016 ONLY ELR Black or white. Will travel anywhere in the US.

Hey Guys, just looking for a 2016 ELR Black, preferably. Really I will consider anything, just mileage has to be under 35k and non-smoker. I don't think anyone smokes in cars these days, but those are my 2 dealbreakers.
    Shoot me a PM with pic, price and location and I'll get back to you either way. I'm ready to buy now but also am not in a hurry. I've bought 2 cars from across the country in the past and sold one to a gentleman from PA, so "I know the ropes." I'll go to your bank with my certified USAA check so they can check the validity, etc. I will buy one from a dealer by the end of the Summer, either way I will get one. I don't like how the dealer corners the market on these and well most cars. I always sell my cars, never take a trade deal folks, as you probably know it's a total rip off for you.
    Mods I hope I placed this in the correct area, if not my sincere apologies. Please advise, or move for me if you can. I just want folks with a 16 ELR for sale to see this. Thank you!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Indygreg is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: WTB 2016 ONLY ELR Black or white. Will travel anywhere in the US.

I am shopping around my 2014 (converted to look exactly like a 2016) I drove both, could not tell a difference in ride, so saved the cash on the 14 and converted it with OEM parts (2k worth) but saved 10k. It is a CPO with additional warranty (100k mile) it has 40k on it. Black on black in amazing shape.
    1415CTS likes this.

1415CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS 3rd Gen Steller Black on Platinum Lux

PM me Greg, interested to hear what you have. I'm a little concerned about sourcing parts for the ELR in the future, as this car will be my DD. I was reading the XLR forum (sweet looking car BTW - miss it) and those folks have some problems sourcing parts, and there were many more of those made. Just a bit hesitant about that, but there is just something that doesn't sit right about Tesla w me, (cult like following, I think - dunno can't put my finger on it), probably just the fact that I've always liked Caddy and always have had good luck w GM.

I do not have the ability to PM (maybe it a post count thing?) I am in Columbus Ohio for work now. E-mail me at ingleg AT gmail I had the same concern, we can talk about all of it the good and bad of owning one of these awesome rides.

Also, as an aside two of my business partner own Teslas and alot of folks at work have them. I have driven them a ton the past few years (every model) I really enjoy them. But if you are looking for luxury and something way different, the ELR handling, interior comforts and overall package blow them away. If it is all about speed the the performance Tesla's are unbeatable IMO. In terms of relability, man the Tesla's are not good. For my part I have had absolutely no issues at all with the ELR in two years of ownership. Not one. I had a volt for two years before I bought the ELR and I had zero issues with it either. I also forgot to mention I upgraded everything to LED lighting (the standard ELR doesnt have the trunk or backup lighting LED, it looks funny) and also have a brand new Juicebox fast charger I never installed as part of the package.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in