ELR revenge - take that Tesla
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ELR Forum (2014-2016) Discussion, ELR revenge - take that Tesla in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I love Teslas, don't get me wrong they're a nice looking car, although I like the ELR better - that's ...
    Deafsoundguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2016 ELR

ELR revenge - take that Tesla

I love Teslas, don't get me wrong they're a nice looking car, although I like the ELR better - that's just me. But when you read all the OBVIOUS Tesla biased reviews against the Cadillac - remember you won't see anything like this regarding ELR's!!!

https://teslabears.club/t/tesla-susp...ll-of-shame/78

Once again..... me? No way I'd buy a Tesla after seeing the Tesla Hall of Shame!

I've been on a lot of forums. Most discussions are about problems. I noticed right away how small the ELR forum posts were as far as problems. Most are simply rectified - it's the BCM ($180 I think and a common part to many GM products) or pull off the negative battery terminal and reset the system. VERY few problems compared to most cars! That was another big deciding factor in my decision to get a ELR. My wife, who is incredibly spoiled as far as cars go, finally admitted how nice the ELR was, saying she likes it over any car I've ever owned while we've been together (38 years) and likes it better even over my XK which kinda hurt in a way . But she's so hard to impress that getting her to say the ELR was nice was like trying to get someone to switch political parties! Yikes!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

1415CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS 3rd Gen Steller Black on Platinum Lux

Re: ELR revenge - take that Tesla

I agree with ya. I do think GM gets treated very unfairly, especially since the bailout of 08. I like GM, I've always had luck with their products. Their Corvettes are absolute bargains! That's me though - to each their own.
    I like both Tesla and ELR. I think except for those 2 offerings the EV market is pretty hideous, oh and the Bemmer i3 and the over priced Jag. I kind of like the look of those cars, but to me the Caddy ELR is just a better car than all the above. It's hard to find a critic of the ELR's styling.
    RE - Tesla, they control the pricing like OPEC can on their parts. There is no aftermarket that I'm aware of. I imagine, and I am guessing their cars are expensive to insure. On the maintenance side like suspensions - holy hell, good luck on that hard 16 with the dealer showing a face card! LOL!
    I think their is too much "fan boy" pomp and circumstance with Tesla and their, most holy of holies, their Dear Leader, of course I write about their Chairman Elon whom can do no wrong. LMAO! You see those "reveals" and it's much like Apple product reveals. People are so easily manipulated by great marketing, especially the millennials. Buy what you like. I have found usually when folks bash other groups, they are simply envious. They probably THINK in their over generalizations that Cadillac owners are just "elitist, rich snobs," and they have to justify their purchase of their Tesla model X. It's psych 101.

Deafsoundguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2016 ELR

Re: ELR revenge - take that Tesla

Since I've always been a Jaguar total freak (and own 2), of course I had to take a long hard look at the I-Pace. It's a nice car, and the interior is top notch - and fast. But they already have lots of problems especially with screens going blank. That's unforgivable in my book, I don't see how you can have these sorts of problems and not having seen it in prototypes. Jag rushes their products to market before they get their products stabilized. And it really makes the brand look bad when they do that. In the end, I decided that I didn't want to be on the hook for that much money and wanted to have the luxury of pushing a button for gas mode. That being said, I forgot to plug in my ELR last night, and it was dead as Elvis. So it was nice seeing it start up on gas, and take me to the coffee shop this morning like it's nothing. And that's just one of the reasons I wanted to stay with the Volt/ELR/i3 platform. The 1.9 gallon gas tank was such a joke on the i3 that it's nice knowing I have a real tank of gas now!

Now I don't know if this is true or not, but a guy I was talking to yesterday said he heard of 2 instances where the Tesla was in an accident and the doors did not open (I think when the airbag goes off they're supposed to automatically open - but didn't). It was on fire and the occupants died and could not get out. Again I don't know if that's true or not but he seemed pretty sure it was. Now there's a good reason to always have a window breaking tool with you. In some cars you can pull out the headrest and the metal poles that go down into the seat are designed to break windows. Or so they say anyway.

I realize that there's always the guys out there to whom speed is everything. I just wonder where all that speed capability can be used in the city where most of us live? There's no Autobahn near my house. I can't see a 70 mph road sign unless I drive a good 45 min away. Then there's cops. i3/ELR quickness is all I ever will need, and is fine and dandy for passing. Funny how so many people put such an emphasis on pavement ripping speeds. If you live in New Mexico where everyone DOES drive 90 on the freeway, maybe I can see it. But city wise... don't get it. Probably an old guy thing...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in