Anyone put custom wheels on their ELR? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Cadillac ELR Forum (2014-2016) Discussion, Anyone put custom wheels on their ELR? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; The car came like this from the previous owner. I think it is all direct from the factory with the ...
    loomis2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 16 ELR

Re: Anyone put custom wheels on their ELR?

The car came like this from the previous owner. I think it is all direct from the factory with the colored logo on the caps but I don't know for sure.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Deafsoundguy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2016 ELR

Thanks for your input. I am getting the black lugnuts today. I learned yesterday that the tire place had the all black M12 cap style lugnuts all along... well why in the heck didn't they say something? They're putting on my old lugnuts and they certainly kinda standout against the nice gloss black wheels - wouldn't you think they'd come in and ask "hey how about some nice black lugnuts for your wheels?" Even after someone comes in and says "hey are you gonna want us to put these bright silver caps back on?" The guy knew it would have been totally dorky looking with the caps in silver against the new wheels so that's why he asked... argh! Oh well, at least they have the black nuts in stock.

Currently I have a vinyl place looking if they can wrap that silver cap and carefully cut away the middle to leave the center Cad emblem intact. The plan right now is if that works, use the smaller nice black center cap with colored emblem for 9 to 10 months out of the year and put on full black caps on winter tire/wheel combo to keep all the crud out of the holes.

Deafsoundguy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2016 ELR

I'm wondering how much of a difference there is between the OEM Graphite black wheels and actual gloss black ones? I don't have any way to see the color of an OEM one, and I would think that it's more a satin gray/black wheel but I don't know. I thought I'd post pics of my car with actual aftermarket powder coated gloss black wheels if anyone cares.

I found the ELRs are so hard to get a good pic of, especially with cell phone cameras with the wide angle lenses. I made the effort to find my lost for the last year Hassleblad Moto-mod camera for my Moto-Z droid phone. It has a sweet optical zoom, so I made them more of a traditional focal length shot. Even so, I feel like cameras just absolutley can't come close to the actual beauty of these cars in person, and I'm sure anyone who has an ELR can attest to that!

Gloss black ELR wheels.jpgELR Side shot.jpgELR R+S shot2.jpg

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in