Rain Sensor
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Cadillac ELR Forum (2014-2016) Discussion, Rain Sensor in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; New problem. My rain sensor stop working. I have only had the car a short time. I know it worked ...
    black93 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ELR

Rain Sensor

New problem. My rain sensor stop working. I have only had the car a short time. I know it worked once. I have checked the setting and the fuse, should be good since the garage door button works. Has anyone else had to change the sensor. I think I know the theory on how they work so I think it has to be the sensor. Any thought would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Steve
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

reciprocity is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V (red), 2009 CTS Premium Sedan (red), 2016 ELR (silver)

Re: Rain Sensor

Have they just reverted to working like standard intermittent wipers? Does the DIC display still say RainSense has been activated? I've read about people removing the fuse on other Cadillacs if they didn't like RainSense. I wonder if there's a different fuse than the one you checked.

Does the camera/sensor array seem like it's still glued firmly against the windshield? I wonder if it could pull away and only work sometimes. I also wonder if the windshield was replaced before you bought it and they didn't put everything back together correctly.

Let us know what you find out. Hopefully it's something really simple. Good luck!

Yes they have reverted to the standard wipers, if we are talking same place on the speedometer does not say rain sense has been activated., but under setting it says rain sensor on.
    Could not fine a second fuse. As near as I can tell everything is in place. I do not think the windshield was ever replaced. Keep in mind it did work when I got it..
    Just to make sure is the sensor the round one on the driver side or the rectangular one on the passenger side. Also anyone know how to remove the rear view mirror surround?

Update I was wrong the rain sensor message on the speedometer was on when you first turn the car on. But it looks like they started working again. It started drizzling and the wipers came on. Will have to wait and see.

Thank

reciprocity is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V (red), 2009 CTS Premium Sedan (red), 2016 ELR (silver)

Weird…glad it's working again. I wonder if it was just a computer glitch that needed the car to be restarted (or the wipers to be turned off and back on). If I remember correctly the sensor is on the right side of the assembly that's attached to the center of the windshield, but I may be remembering it wrong. The other sensor is the camera that's used for lane departure warning, collision warning, and auto high beams. I *think* it's all glued in place and isn't really designed to come off. (That's why I was wondering if the glue might have started coming loose.)

Be sure to leave the wipers fully off when it's not raining. If you happen to go through a car wash or the sensor gets confused and thinks it's raining, you don't want to have the wipers coming on when you don't want them running.

(And yes, the DIC is the "Driver Information Center" display in the center of the speedometer.)

Thanks for your help. I am sure I would not have thought of turning it off in the car wash. So far most of the problems have been driver error.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in