Removing center Cadillac Cue housing out of car
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ELR Forum (2014-2016) Discussion, Removing center Cadillac Cue housing out of car in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Can anyone provide any instruction on how to remove the entire center black CUE housing out of a 2014 ELR? ...
    aseraj is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Removing center Cadillac Cue housing out of car

Can anyone provide any instruction on how to remove the entire center black CUE housing out of a 2014 ELR? I need to get that out so I can attempt to replace the touch screen as it stopped working

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

reciprocity is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V (red), 2009 CTS Premium Sedan (red), 2016 ELR (silver)

Re: Removing center Cadillac Cue housing out of car

It looks like there are several CUE take-apart/repair videos on YouTube. I think the ELR process should be similar to the various other Cadillac cars as they share screens and other interior parts.

You might also check www.gm-navigation.com (the company selling upgraded, CarPlay-compatible versions for older cars) to see if you can find their installation instructions as they would probably be helpful.

If you find instructions or tackle it on your own, please share them here (and pictures of the process) for others who might have the same question.

Good luck!

Icarus57 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ELR base

Cuescreens.com has a step-by-step pdf instruction for this ELR operation. Amazon.com was my access point. $130 for the screen and pdf access.

m_eaton53 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus57 View Post
    Cuescreens.com has a step-by-step pdf instruction for this ELR operation. Amazon.com was my access point. $130 for the screen and pdf access.
    Yeah, their website doesn't work. But this does...
    https://www.amazon.com/Cuescreens-Ca...a-688878129077

There is no way a dealer does this job if I don't have a warranty. I'd give it a go to save $1K+.
    It does not look that hard and a screen from these guys is not expensive.

loomis2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 16 ELR

This seems like the kind of thing I might just buy now and save just to have it if I need it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in