Brake Upgrades - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac ELR Forum (2014-2016) Discussion, Brake Upgrades in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Will ats brembo calipers work on the front of a 2014 elr? -->...
    Highboost105 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Will ats brembo calipers work on the front of a 2014 elr?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

RiA
    RiA is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ELR (RR) in Blk/BLk

Re: Brake Upgrades

I checked with Cadillac parts dept., and they told me there were no interchangeable parts from the 2016 with the upgraded brakeset that would work on the 2014.

mja1962 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2018 CT6 PHEV (Black) 2016 ELR (Graphite) 2005 Escalade EXT (Black)

Re: Brake Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by RiA View Post
    Has anyone looked into upgrading the standard brakeset to that which came with the Performance Package?

"Cadillac adds high-performance Brembo brakes up front, with 13.6-inch diameter vented front rotors and 12.4-inch vented rear rotors for 60-to-0 mph stopping distance reduced by nearly 12 percent".

Resurrecting this thread...has anyone had experience with this upgrade? I have the opportunity to do a swap between 2 ELRs (both 2016 - one has the Brembo brakes, the other doesn't), but I don't know what I don't know...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in