Parking Assist and Blue Tooth 2006 DTS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By danog
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Parking Assist and Blue Tooth 2006 DTS in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Greetings, The parking assist on my 2006 DTS goes off constantly. This causes me to turn it off, which rsults ...
    rlovebk is online now Cadillac Owners Member

Parking Assist and Blue Tooth 2006 DTS

Greetings,
    The parking assist on my 2006 DTS goes off constantly. This causes me to turn it off, which rsults in the Service Parking Assist deal to be continuously displayed on the VIC deal.
    I have read on this and there are some spots where the paint is chipped on a couple of these.
    My question after reading up on this is has anyone ever used nail polish to fill in one of these tiny spots with any success?
    I can find something very close to the metallic rose red the Blanche is.

Second - I read where you can get a module from Chevy or other cars and plug this into the harness in the trunk for blue tooth. Anyone have a PN or experience with this?
    My car does have the face button on it, which I believe you need for this to function.

Thanks for the help and have a good one!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

KowalskiTG is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS

Re: Parking Assist and Blue Tooth 2006 DTS

I got my front parking sensors with my used bumper in the wrong color, scuffed them down and put a light coat of primer, basecoat, and clear and they work flawlessly over a year. i'd assume touching them up would be ok but if it doesn't you could just sand them and start over

aacampbell is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS, 2004 BMW R1150RT

Quote Originally Posted by rlovebk View Post
    Second - I read where you can get a module from Chevy or other cars and plug this into the harness in the trunk for blue tooth. Anyone have a PN or experience with this?
    My car does have the face button on it, which I believe you need for this to function.

https://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...xperience.html

danog is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1936 cadillac 11 DTS 11 DTS

Save you money on the Onstar (VCIM)and replace the radio head $300 bucks will get you a Android head, interface and dash kit. You get blue tooth,Nav,MP4 and backup camera

Parking Assist System Malfunction
    Diagnostic Instructions
    · Perform the Diagnostic System Check - Vehicle prior to usingthis diagnostic procedure.
    · Review Strategy Based Diagnosis for an overview of thediagnostic approach.
    · Diagnostic Procedure Instructions provides anoverview of each diagnostic category.
    Circuit/System Description
    The parking assist system is designed toidentify and notify the driver of an object in the vehicle's path when movingforward or reversing at speeds of less than 8km/h (5mph). Thedistance and location of the object is determined by eight object sensors: fourlocated in the rear bumper and four located in the front bumper. The parkingassist system will notify the driver using the parking assist indicators and anaudible signal through the radio.
    Diagnostic Aids
    The scan tool Park Assist Disable Historyparameters are a list of the seven previous reasons the parking assist systemwas disabled. These parameters may help in the diagnosis of an intermittentconcern or a customer concern which is the result of normal system operation.The following is a brief description of potential causes which may aid indiagnosis:
    · Manual Disable – The park assist system has been disabled by thevehicle operator through the DIC.
    · Hitch/Object Attached – The object alarm module is detecting anobject that is attached to the vehicle. Common items such as a hitch receiver,trailer, object hanging out of rear compartment, or a bicycle rack may causethis concern. Additionally, damage to the rear of the vehicle or a misalignedsensor may cause this concern. If the vehicle is damaged in a manner thatcauses the sensor to detect the bumper itself, the object alarm module willinterpret this as an attached object and disable the system. Carefully inspectthe bumper, bumper mounting surface, and sensor retainers before continuingwith normal diagnosis. After the detected cause has been addressed the vehiclemust be driven at speed greater than 40km/h (25mph).
    · Reverse Overspeed – The vehicle is traveling too fast in reverseat speeds of greater than 8km/h (5mph).
    · Sensor Disturbance – An outside interference is causing sensormovement. Such interference may be caused by a heavy pounding, like that of anearby jackhammer, or large changes in pressure, such as a large truck's airbrakes.
    · Snow/Ice/Mud – One or more of the sensors is being blocked bysnow, mud, ice, or other debris.
    · Sensor Ring Time – If the sensor fails its own diagnostic initializationthe rear object sensor control module will set this error. After the detectedcause has been addressed the vehicle must be driven at speed greater than 40km/h (25mph). The following is alist of reasons this cause may have set:
    - One ormore of the sensors may be blocked by snow, mud, ice, or other debris. Thismight happen after going through a car wash in cold weather.
    -Silicone insulator surrounding sensor maybe missing, cut, or twisted.
    -Improperly installed sensor, sensor maybe be crooked due to a tight wireharness.
    - One ormore of the sensors may be scratched or the paint maybe chipped.
    -Excessive paint thickness on a sensor may cause an excessive sensor ring time.When replacing or refinishing a sensor, do not apply an excessive amount ofpaint or clear coat.
    Eddie39, Omac and Soapm like this.

Soapm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS

Listen to Danog, I was hardheaded and replaced my VCIM and now I have a new radio which is far better than the cars bluetooth.

rlovebk is online now Cadillac Owners Member

Thanks guys. I will try the nail polish deal. If no joy I will refinish. This started because I replaced passenger headlight and when I removed the bumper it chipped the paint od 2 sensors. The display shows those 2 are an issue. (red)
    Will this 300 android unit work with iphone? Brand and purchase point you used?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in