- 05-14-19 07:10 PM #1Cadillac Owners Member
- Automobile(s): 1991 Deville
- Join Date
- Jul 2016
ABS light and traction control light
Hello, I have a Cadillac DTS with 100K miles.
Its been raining for 10 straight days here. Today my ABS light came on at low speed when braking. The traction/stability light is also on with it. I assume they are both on due to an ABS sensor.
I restarted the car later and it went away for 50 miles, but came back on when braking at low speeds later. So it is intermittent. I see a TB for Cadillac's on Wheel sensor corrosion and this makes sense. It was raining all day while driving it.
How do I tell which sensor is bad? I have engine scanners but they don't read ABS codes. I saw something about disconnecting the connector to the sensor and rotating the tires. Then measuring AC millivolts. Is there another way to see which one is giving me trouble?
- Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
- 05-14-19 08:10 PM #2
Re: ABS light and traction control light
My mechanics scanner told him exactly which wheel it was on. Take it to someone that has a better scanner than you're using.
- By asilverblazer in forum Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado ForumReplies: 8Last Post: 07-10-13, 02:04 PM
- By toptiger in forum Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006Replies: 2Last Post: 09-03-10, 08:15 AM
- By fron3 in forum Cadillac Catera and Cimarron ForumReplies: 4Last Post: 05-25-08, 01:00 AM
- By Jcarter1986 in forum Cadillac Catera and Cimarron ForumReplies: 0Last Post: 09-14-05, 02:41 AM
- By rlklawyer in forum Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado ForumReplies: 16Last Post: 05-17-05, 11:01 PM