Any other cars ride as good as the DTS?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Any other cars ride as good as the DTS? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; ...
    5x10 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 DTS

Any other cars ride as good as the DTS?

Iím not looking to replace mine, just interested in any car thatís matched or beaten the ride quality of the dts

Iíve tried a Lexus ls430 and a Equus and neither weíre close to the seat comfort of the dts
    Iím going to test drive a 2012 Mercedes s550 just to see how it drives

Any experiences?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Omac is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Performance Lux III

Re: Any other cars ride as good as the DTS?

My 2015 RAM Limited rides the same or better.
    OO7DTS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Omac View Post
    My 2015 RAM Limited rides the same or better.
    i had a 98 Buick lesabre that floated, one of the best riding cars I’ve been in
    eric15178, OO7DTS, Omac and 1 others like this.

OO7DTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS

The Lincoln town car or Mercury Grand Marquis would be a contender but both stopped being produced in 2011. Tough to find a nice clean low milage one most were swooped up by Limo services and have been run well past their end of useful life.
    5x10 and RedRover2018 like this.

MomsDTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Mom's 2008 DTS LIII

Quote Originally Posted by 5x10 View Post
    i had a 98 Buick lesabre that floated, one of the best riding cars I’ve been in
    I recall a '97 Lesabre that seemed to just float as well. Maybe too floaty for my taste, but that one may have been due shocks or something. I personally like driving something with just a bit more feel even than a DTS, but can not deny it's almost like crawling in your favorite chair, and floating down the road like you almost never left the living room.

Quote Originally Posted by OO7DTS
    The Lincoln town car or Mercury Grand Marquis would be a contender but both stopped being produced in 2011. Tough to find a nice clean low milage one most were swooped up by Limo services and have been run well past their end of useful life.
    IIRC, that Grand Marquis/Crown Vic Police Interceptor were the last production passenger cars with a frame; about 2011. I find it a bit ironic that Ford captured a near exclusive market there for over 10 years, now they're right in with, perhaps leading, the full size sedan exodus. Coming back to the Cadillac, when first on the market, I thought (by looks alone) the XTS just didn't have the class of a DTS. After driving one recently will admit, a rather nice compromise - and I liked the ride, though not the same as floating a DTS down the road. Of course, now XTS and the Impala disappearing too. Perhaps like the XTS, I'll find redeeming qualities in whatever fills the market - but for now I mourn the demise of the full size passenger sedan. I'd buy a 2019 of each, from Taurus to XTS, but the bank account says none!
    OO7DTS, Omac, 5x10 and 1 others like this.

Soapm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS

My 2002 Buick Park Avenue rode better than my DTS, it just got old and over 200K miles.
    Omac, 5x10 and MomsDTS like this.

ac978 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 DTS

thats a good question, id like to get 5 years out of the DTS im driving now, it only has 70 on it

after that, no idea what i'd get. im thinking about waiting out the CT6 until they get down to around 15 grand. after all, my DTS was 50 grand once but i paid 10 for it

Quote Originally Posted by Soapm View Post
    My 2002 Buick Park Avenue rode better than my DTS, it just got old and over 200K miles.
    Yeah, I’m thinking the late 90s/early 00s Buick’s ride is probably top of the line, in terms of straight comfort
    Soapm likes this.

GREEN DTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): DTS LUXURY 3 2006 LIGHT GREEN/ 2014 Artic White SRX Prem

I have 2006 Lux III also. I have finally broken the power massage. I haven't check with Cadillac service yet. Do you have any experience? I an 6 3 and 220 +71 yrs. My DTS seats are the best.
    Omac and RedCadi like this.

Bigslim1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS Luxury II

Just drove a KIA K900 and it has a very smooth ride. Very interested in getting one.

Soapm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslim1 View Post
    Just drove a KIA K900 and it has a very smooth ride. Very interested in getting one.
    Man, that's kicking us below the belt to compare a Caddy to KIA...
    eric15178, OO7DTS, Omac and 1 others like this.

ralph1960 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Platinum. gone: 04 Deville, 76 Eldo conv, 74 Fltwd

Some of y'all ain't old enough to remember the long wheelbased, 5,000 lb cars of yore. My used '74 Fleetwood had a smooth, solid ride, but Mom's half ton lighter '77 Buick Electra had a soft, easy one. Unfortunately, the springs were so soft, the car settled after a few years and fully loaded trips.

Dad's extended Trailblazer has a ride that's close to what I remember from the 70's.
    5x10 likes this.

goodfellow is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Luxury II

1978 Eldorado Biarritz was a dream ride. A big boat, but what a smooth road cruiser, and it was a cousin to the Riviera and Toronado; both of which were 1st class rides.
    5x10 likes this.

Billdaman1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

Quote Originally Posted by 5x10 View Post
    I’m not looking to replace mine, just interested in any car that’s matched or beaten the ride quality of the dts

I’ve tried a Lexus ls430 and a Equus and neither we’re close to the seat comfort of the dts
    I’m going to test drive a 2012 Mercedes s550 just to see how it drives

Any experiences?
    When I worked for GM we would have an annual meet at the GM proving grounds in Milford MI. There was a parking lot the size of a grocery store filled with different brands and types of Vehicles from Miatas to Navigators and all the comparable GM Vehicles.

The test track is like a 2 1/2 mile loop with straight aways, hills, chicanes, cobble stones and areas where GM Security hides like State troopers to keep you from getting too antsy with speeding. I learned how to not get hit by radar with the Corvettes by doing nothing but 0 - 60 trials all around the track. Lots of rubber burning smell when I turned it over to the next guy! Every 4 minutes I would jump in a different vehicle and take it around the course.

I must have tested at least 30 vehicles that afternoon. Those short bursts around the track, one vehicle after another crushed the biases that your brain gets filled with due to advertising. The crafty ads and music that get tied to a brand completely disappear when you jump from one to another and experience what the vehicle is all about.

Now to the point and to answer this question based on my experience in the mid 2000's. Two vehicles stood out as winners of the sedan ride quality contest. 1. The Buick Le sabre. Its no Mercedes, but the Mercedes is no Buick either. It showed it self to be a truly fine riding vehicle, not a sporting vehicle, a fine riding comfortable vehicle. Same basic vehicle architecture as the DTS, at the time before the 2006 refresh, better riding.

2. Lexus LS 430. Nothing in its class could compare to this vehicle at the time for quietness and smoothness and braking. So quiet as to dull the experience of driving, almost too smooth, too quiet.

In summary, my particular experience the Lexus LS 430 of the mid 2000's was the best overall affordable Luxury vehicle of its time. From everything I have heard, they are also absolutely bulletproof to 250,000 miles.
    Pete1996 and 5x10 like this.

footbrake is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS 4.6,2005 Jaguar X-Type

The 01-05 Devilles rode 100% softer than the DTS.
    5x10 likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in