Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, UV protectant for composite headlights? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I have new headlight assemblies on our 2012 SRX. Is there any product that will provide UV protection to eliminate ...
- 03-26-19 05:43 PM #1Cadillac Owners Member
- Join Date
- Feb 2019
UV protectant for composite headlights?
I have new headlight assemblies on our 2012 SRX. Is there any product that will provide UV protection to eliminate the clear lenses from becoming cloudy and/or yellowed? I imagine a high quality clearcoat, but just don't have enough knowledge on what products would be appropriate.
- Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
- 03-27-19 07:31 AM #2
Re: UV protectant for composite headlights?
UV rays clouding your headlight bezels are just one issue to consider for expensive headlight protection. A pebble thrown from a tire of a vehicle ahead of you can damage the headlight bezel requiring expensive replacement. Kill two birds with one stone using Ex-pel or 3-M headlight protectors. I've used them on all of my vehicles for years. They're easy to apply and the headlights still look like new. Google for more info.
- By DevilleNut in forum Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD ForumReplies: 3Last Post: 06-21-17, 11:32 AM
- By HUF in forum RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham ForumReplies: 10Last Post: 08-12-12, 07:42 PM
- By Qnsryck in forum 2009-2015 Cadillac CTS-V General DiscussionReplies: 6Last Post: 05-31-09, 10:38 AM
- By Krashed989 in forum Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and WheelsReplies: 1Last Post: 09-03-06, 05:28 AM
- By automaticj5 in forum Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007Replies: 8Last Post: 02-05-06, 05:43 PM