Dts 3rd brakelight
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Customer Care Representatives - Warranty or Dealership problems Discussion, Dts 3rd brakelight in Cadillac Customer Care - Warranty and Dealership questions; Hi, Got this car around a year and a half ago. I knew when I got it 3 of the ...
    eric15178 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 dts,past03whitediamondsevillests-someday will have another seville/eldorado

Dts 3rd brakelight

Hi,
    Got this car around a year and a half ago. I knew when I got it 3 of the leds were burnt out on the third brake light. So I spent the 300 bucks and got a new one. Installed it myself, then couple months later-roughly, there were 2 groups of them burnt out. Took it back and they exchanged it and since I wanted to clear myself of doing anything wrong-putting it in wrong etc... had them do it. Over this last winter, it developed multiple cracks in it, at the time all of the lights still worked, but took it back before the year warranty expired so I wouldn't be screwed for after. They said it wasn't a "failure", not sure how that is since I paid for a NEW light and it has multiple visible cracks where it bolts to trunk lid. Since we do work for the place, I can't get too crazy, and either way- at the time all of the lights were still working, so I thought as poor as they seem to be at making this light assembly, I'd stick with the cracked light, rather than go to a different dealer we don't do work for, get a little lippy and get another new light, that based off the previous ones, would burn out, so figured I'd stick with the cracked one but with all the lights working.

The other day I noticed backing up to a building's windows, I now have 2 groups of lights out. One section is about 3-4 bulbs, other is probably around 5 or 6. Just wondering what I should do. I like this car and it's super clean, but these lights out makes the car look like a beat up piece of crap. Plus, not sure if you can get pulled over/ticketed for this. Pretty irritated because I spent 300 bucks on a NEW light, and the one I have now is worse than the one that was originally on the car when I bought it to have it be working properly.

Forgot, they said I could order a new one, but I would have to pay for it, and if they didn't accept the warranty, I'd be stuck with it. I already paid for a new, working light. Not buying another one

Thanks, Eric

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Automobile(s): 2006 dts,past03whitediamondsevillests-someday will have another seville/eldorado

Re: Dts 3rd brakelight

Guess they're going to warranty it again, hopefully this one will be good.

Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket light that works/holds up better?

Also with my seville, I believe they updated designs because the earlier model ones leaked so the end of the seville life they were good. I don't know if they ever made a new version of it, from what I can tell, it looks like a no.

This car is awesome, be nice if the lights all worked, really makes the car look like crap anytime you hit the brakes

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it.
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD

Open this and scroll around - it's a large site. You might hazard an e-mail or a phone call with your updated 3rd brake light question. Logan is a long-time CF member.

www.ledfix.com

Thanks for that, I'll save the link. Got my new one in so hopefully it will be good? If not I'll be giving him a call. Like how they say they still do the "original led light" with the early 90's sevilles- car still looks good today but like the 98 up body style better

I'll have to check my account/notifier settings, just seen your reply

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in