Carfax cost me $5,000 - I will never buy a Cadillac again because dealer doesent care
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac Customer Care Representatives - Warranty or Dealership problems Discussion, Carfax cost me $5,000 - I will never buy a Cadillac again because dealer doesent care in Cadillac Customer Care - Warranty and Dealership questions; I have been a faithful Cadillac owner (myself and my wife longtime cadillac owners) for a very long time up ...
    Westwoodfd167 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Carfax cost me $5,000 - I will never buy a Cadillac again because dealer doesent care

I have been a faithful Cadillac owner (myself and my wife longtime cadillac owners) for a very long time up until now.

Just recently I tried to trade in my 2009 Escalade ESV for a 2015 certified used Escalade ESV. When the dealer ran the
    carfax on my trade in, it showed that the 2009 I purchased 5 years ago was in a serious accident with airbag deployment
    and structural damage. I was never informed about this when I purchased this 2009 Escalade 5 years ago, and I probably
    would NOT have purchased this if I knew about this.

This accident was reported to Carfax 13 MONTHS after the accident happened. During this 13 months this Escalade was listed
    for sale at Brogan Cadillac in Totowa, NJ and purchased by me a short time later. Even that little "Carfox" character is shown on
    the accident notification saying "This car may not be safe anymore and needs to be inspected by a trained professional"

When I notified Brogan Cadillac that they sold me a car that was in a major accident, they said that the cafax was clean when they
    obtained the car and that its not their problem.

So long story short, I am scammed out $5,000. The dealer I tried to trade in this 2009 Escalade for a 2015 Escalade they had for
    sale told me that they can not give me the KBB trade in value because of this serious accident and only gave me $7k for my trade
    instead of $12k that KBB said my trade in was worth. I understand the dealers claim about the lower value because of this.

Because of this myself and my wife will NEVER purchase another car from Cadillac ever again. My wifes lease on her XT5 is up
    in about 15 months and we will never go back to a cadillac ever again.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

RudyF6 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2016 ATS4 2.0T and a bunch of other stuff....

Re: Carfax cost me $5,000 - I will never buy a Cadillac again because dealer doesent

So, Cadillac is responsible for shortcomings with Carfax?

Re: Carfax cost me $5,000 - I will never buy a Cadillac again because dealer doesent

No, another Cadillac dealer nearby in Mahwah, NJ (Cadillac of Mahwah) said that Brogan Cadillac should have seen this damage when they inspected this
    vehicle and make it known that this car was in a major accident. Is it possible that this pre-sale inspection was not done? Who knows. Also, Brogan Cadillac
    should go after the person who traded this car in with legal action because every time someone trades in a car, they are required to sign a form saying that the
    car was never in a serious accident, and that the odometer was not rolled back, in a flood, etc, etc.

Not to mention, Brogan Cadillac of Totowa shrugged me and my wife (longtime Cadillac owners) off and didnt give one care.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD

Regardless, CARFaX is a voluntary reporting site. It should be used for only the most basic reference. It's entirely possible that the selling dealer never knew of the accident, given the report timing.

You are an unwitting victim of "Honey, I smashed the front end pretty bad! Cooter and BillyBob fixed it with some Bondo and a rattle can! Tell CARFaX, will you?"

Accepting the CARFaX as gospel in lieu of professional appraisal got you in trouble. Nothing to do with Cadillac or the dealerships. No, they won't help you 5 years down the road. Cadillac Customer Care can/will also do nothing - except send you back to your dealership.

Many of us here use CARFax all the time - but we don't believe everything contained therein - and we know there are glaring omissions. I had a used car dealer license and flipped cars out of the auction in Manheim, PA.

rriddle3 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS Premium; Previously 2013 ATS 3.6L Auto, 2013 ATS 2.0L Auto

facepalm.jpg Blame game.

In what world are you required to sign a statement for anything beyond odometer reading for a trade?

To Submariner409, The professional appraisal I had was a Cadillac Dealer telling me the car is legit and mechanically stable.

Carfax or no Carfax, I was sold a Cadillac Escalade ESV (one of the most expensive GM auto's) that had major structural damage and possibly (and i stress possibly) and unsafe vehicle.
    Up until just a few weeks ago, I thought buying from a Cadillac Dealer would give me more assurance that I am purchasing a vehicle than from a Saturn or other lower end dealer.

Quoting the exact words from another Cadillac Dealer "IF they put this on a lift like they are supposed to, they would have seen the damage" I worked for an auto body shop from
    when I was 14 yrs thru 20 years old and a bent frame rears its ugly face every time. You simply can not hide that with bondo. Now sorry subman, but I dont own or have a vehicle
    lift in my driveway to do things like this, I just trusted a Cadillac dealer to deliver a good automobile.

Identical double posts have been merged. Sub

Rudy, You obviously never traded in a car for a new one. With 3 kids all driving now, i had to do this for VW, Dodge, and Ford.

This is how the dealer protects itself from odometer fraud, cars in a flood, major accidents, etc, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Westwoodfd167 View Post
    Rudy, You obviously never traded in a car for a new one. With 3 kids all driving now, i had to do this for VW, Dodge, and Ford.

This is how the dealer protects itself from odometer fraud, cars in a flood, major accidents, etc, etc
    OK.

I've bought, sold, and traded cars at dealerships and for dealerships. Never seen what you're talking about. Maybe it's unique to your state.

1969byrdman is online now US Coast Guard: Semper Paratus
    Automobile(s): 2003 DeVille base, 145K miles

Maybe I'm missing something but I'm still not seeing how Cadillac/GM is responsible nor why the experience is reason to never buy another Cadillac. Same thing could have happened at a Chevy or Ford dealer. The fact that you got taken has nothing to do with the car brand.
    eric15178 and Melze like this.

.......... and a "professional" car examination/certification by a selling dealership may be akin to a rigged shell game.

Many used car buyers enlist the aid of an independent mechanic to do their car inspections pre-buy. It's well-spent term insurance.

To Submariner, do I have to explain to you what "Certified Pre Owned" means?

Byrdman, if this happened from a "Hyundai" dealer, I would not be complaining so much, but prior to this, I expected more from a Cadillac Dealer, especially purchasing
    one of GM's most expensive automobiles with the Escalade ESV

To Submariner, do I have to explain to you what "Certified Pre Owned" means?
    No, you don't. I used to be a parts runner for a huge DC Cadillac dealership. One of their (and other dealers) used car adages was "There's an ass for every seat!". Just for shits, kicks, and relaxation I currently work part-time behind the parts counter at our local Western (Tire &) Auto. I see many used cars come in for buyer evaluation inspections.

If your vehicle has a bent frame it should never have come close to earning a CPO badge. A dealer (maybe not GM/Cadillac-owned, but a bought franchise) screwed you, not Cadillac.

EDIT: I hate to say this, but in the DC area (at least) a Hyundai dealership is head and shoulders above the Cadillac dealerships when it comes to perceived "honesty". And just because an Escalade is grossly overpriced (think Suburban, Tahoe, etc.) does not make one whit as to the attention which should be paid to used vehicle inspection or certification.
    eric15178 likes this.

1969byrdman is online now US Coast Guard: Semper Paratus
    Automobile(s): 2003 DeVille base, 145K miles

Byrdman, if this happened from a "Hyundai" dealer, I would not be complaining so much, but prior to this, I expected more from a Cadillac Dealer, especially purchasing
    one of GM's most expensive automobiles with the Escalade ESV
    still doesn't explain why this is a manufacturer problem instead of a dealer problem. If this happened at a Hyundai dealer, would you be blaming the dealer or Hyundai in South Korea. My gentle suggestion is that you lose the attitude and huge chip on your shoulder. Pretty sure Sub knows what a CPO is, as do I. You're not getting off to a good start here.
    eric15178 likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in