Strange Electrical Issues
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Strange Electrical Issues in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Hey guys, got my car back from the bodyshop after my wheels got jacked last week. Something strange happend though ...
    Caddy Man is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG

Strange Electrical Issues

Hey guys, got my car back from the bodyshop after my wheels got jacked last week. Something strange happend though and wont go back to normal. When I hit the drivers window down the passenger front window also comes down at the same time. The passenger window button dosnt work from the passenger side or the drivers side. Also when I lower my driver side rear window, the passenger side rear window opens too, and the button on that door wont work either, but the rear drivers side button on the door works. Anyone ever experienced this?? This sucks, it just came off of warranty 4 days ago.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Mbai2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2017 CTS-V

Re: Strange Electrical Issues

It must be a time bomb built into the door modules. Once the date passes 4 years from delivery date or 50,000 miles, it shorts the switches.

I honestly have never heard this happen. You could try leaving your battery disconnected for the night and see if it is better in the morning. Otherwise, bring it into the dealer and see if they will give you a grace period since it's only been 4 days after your warranty expiration.

Quote Originally Posted by Mbai2
    It must be a time bomb built into the door modules. Once the date passes 4 years from delivery date or 50,000 miles, it shorts the switches.

I honestly have never heard this happen. You could try leaving your battery disconnected for the night and see if it is better in the morning. Otherwise, bring it into the dealer and see if they will give you a grace period since it's only been 4 days after your warranty expiration.
    yeah i think ill try to talk to my dealer. Don Massey is pretty good with thier customer service. I also just noticed my personalization options to dip the side mirror to the curb in reverse, is blacked out. Its in my menu but i cant select it. Hopefully a tech 2 can activate that. Ive always had that feature.

Mbai2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2017 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Caddy Man
    yeah i think ill try to talk to my dealer. Don Massey is pretty good with thier customer service. I also just noticed my personalization options to dip the side mirror to the curb in reverse, is blacked out. Its in my menu but i cant select it. Hopefully a tech 2 can activate that. Ive always had that feature.
    Hmm...it definitely sounds like a door module is out because that is how the radio knows about the reverse mirror. Don Massey should take care of you though

Devil_concours is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

sometimes when i have both windows rolled down and i hit the express up for the driver then passenger right after, my driver window rolls back down. I've noticed it many times and i can duplicate it 1 out of 20 tries.

PAW 47 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS

Quote Originally Posted by Devil_concours
    sometimes when i have both windows rolled down and i hit the express up for the driver then passenger right after, my driver window rolls back down. I've noticed it many times and i can duplicate it 1 out of 20 tries.
    Yep, mine does this too.. Really drives me nuts. I think its just the combo of hitting the buttons.

BCCADILLAC is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Nope it's the drivers door module, we've seen this in the past.
    Here is a time where your relationship with the dealer will help. 4 days past warranty. If you are a good customer who puts your pants on the same as the service folks do ( hint hint) they will go to bat FOR you with Cadillac.
    Chris

SoCadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by BCCADILLAC
    Nope it's the drivers door module, we've seen this in the past.
    Here is a time where your relationship with the dealer will help. 4 days past warranty. If you are a good customer who puts your pants on the same as the service folks do ( hint hint) they will go to bat FOR you with Cadillac.
    Chris
    Chris is right. I always treat my Service Tech and the Techs with great respect and it always pays off. I still go to lunch with Service Techs I no longer take a vehicle too, as I've sold the vehicle, just because we've become friends.

talked to Don Massey Cadillac (only the best cadillac dealer in the ever! ) The service advisor said its fine and bring it in next week. Oh yeah, my mileage isnt up, but its been over 4 years for my car, thats why my warranty is up.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in