- 05-16-19 01:51 AM #1Cadillac Owners Member
- Join Date
- Dec 2016
Key won’t come out of ignition intermittently
My key won’t come out of the ignition Farley often. I have to put the shifter back into drive then into park. Sometimes I have to do this three or four times before it releases the key. Has anyone had this issue before? Battery is in good shape and no other electrical issues that I know of. Thank for your time
- Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
- 05-16-19 12:17 PM #2Cadillac Owners Fanatic
- Automobile(s): 2007 CTS 2.7L
- Join Date
- Aug 2017
- Phoenix, AZ.
Re: Key won’t come out of ignition intermittently
Welcome to the forums!
Did you search these forums yet? That is asked and answered at length in many threads. There is a lot to go over and can not be duplicated in this one thread. Could be your battery is low but not dead, could be the key is going bad, could be the switch in the shifter is not detecting park, other possibilities.
Is that the only issue? No anti-theft warnings? nothing else is going on except the key will not come out some times? If that is the case, I am leaning toward the battery not being at top capacity or the car not detecting being in park correctly.
- By golferrc in forum Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009Replies: 32Last Post: 06-26-18, 07:03 AM
- By Azalea in forum Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007Replies: 2Last Post: 10-13-15, 02:34 AM
- By chuckbarry in forum Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD ForumReplies: 1Last Post: 03-12-14, 10:59 PM
- By yyousef in forum Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009Replies: 11Last Post: 01-29-14, 07:06 AM
- By HELFYR in forum Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado ForumReplies: 20Last Post: 01-14-05, 02:01 PM