Front Camera needs Service
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By MHT
Cadillac CT6 1st Generation Forum (2016+) Discussion, Front Camera needs Service in Cadillac CT6 Forum; I am getting the above information shortly after starting the car. Since receiving this message, Auto dimming of the Headlights ...
    Loose-Caboose is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2018 CT6

Front Camera needs Service

I am getting the above information shortly after starting the car. Since receiving this message, Auto dimming of the Headlights can be activated, Lane departure will not activate and Forward collision detection won't activate. Are all these subsystems dependent on the forward camera or do I have a multitude of issues all occurring simultaneously?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Mikey350 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2018 CT6 Premium Luxury

Re: Front Camera needs Service

Could be an unfortunate insect has committed suicide on the windshield and is blocking the view?

It does not appear to be an issue of a dirty Windshield as I had the car over to Delta Sonic this afternoon and the message still apeared.

As a follow on to this subject, I called two different dealerships and posed the same question in my original post to the Answering "Service Manager". Both commented that they would have hook the car to their diagnostic machine. I asked Should I bring the car in as I am concerned if these anomalies are separate instances, I can be concerned with what is going on that various things are beginning to failing in my vehicle. I said "Is there no one within Cadillac that could verify the Front Camera provides information to these other systems?" To that they both said that they would get back to me. That was four days ago. Some way to treat a customer with no call back. What happened to "Service" in the title "Service Manager"?

ceebeedee is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS, 2019 CT6 Premium Luxury w/ Super Cruise

Sounds like a call to Cadillac customer service is in order.

MHT
    MHT is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2019 XTS Prem Lux AWD Phantom Gray/Ebony traded 2017 CT6 Prem Lux AWD Stellar Blk

First of all you need to get the car into the service department and tell them everything that is going on and let them take it from there.
    The forward camera is in the front grill below the Cadillac emblem so you might want to check it to make certain that the lens is clean.
    Since you have multiple things going on you could try disconnecting and reconnecting the battery to see if this clear things up but doing so may require resetting your radio settings and a few other things.
    You could also contact OnStar and see if they see any diagnostic codes that may be showing for this issue.
    You really cannot get much done by discussing your issue over the phone with the service department as they really need to see the car. If you do contact Cadillac Customer Service they are going to ask if you have taken the car in to service for these issues.
    A malfunction might be the cause of one of the issues, but it sounds like you have a combination of things going on that are not necessarily related. To get the answer to your question the service manager probably had to call Cadillac Tech Support which can often times take a few days.
    The sooner you get the car into the dealership the better.

Good Luck and may the Force be with you
    DJKMEK1 and KRDCAD like this.

Maximumkk is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Premium AWD - Silver Coast w/ Shale-Brownstone

Quote Originally Posted by Loose-Caboose View Post
    Auto dimming of the Headlights can be activated, Lane departure will not activate and Forward collision detection won't activate. Are all these subsystems dependent on the forward camera or do I have a multitude of issues all occurring simultaneously?
    Yes, all these need the camera to work. And I assume you mean auto dim headlights can'T be activated. Intellibeam needs to 'see' oncoming headlights and head-of-you tail lights in order to decide to switch hi or low - uses camera feed. Lane departure uses camera feed to 'see' the lane markings. Collision detection uses combo of camera, radar module, and park sensors for info.

Max

mewagners is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Had same alert this weekend on my 2019 CT6, "Front camera system needs service". I removed the memory card from the Event Data Recorder slot in the trunk and now the cameras all work fine.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in