Props to Trifecta
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
Cadillac ATS-V Series Forum Discussion, Props to Trifecta in Cadillac V-Series Forums; My tune keeps surprising me with all the features it has. I recently worked with Steven to get my high ...
    Leesrt is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2016 ATS-V Coupe (Catti-V)

Props to Trifecta

My tune keeps surprising me with all the features it has.

I recently worked with Steven to get my high octane tune. On first test it didn't do well and in mid WOT the car pulled power big time.

I ran logs using the Trifecta app (free with tune) and Steven found the source right away. My intake air temps were to high, causing the car to pull power.
    Steven gave me things to check (see my IM cooling system how to) and while working with another member that went through same issue, I found my pump was sensing cavitation.

The nice thing is the tune has a mode where you can run the pump with the car in service mode to cool things down between track runs. That allowed me to easily clear the air in my system and get my pump running right. This alone dropped my IMAT by 50 degrees.
    Who knows how long I've had this issue

I tested the new tune today with my reborn intake cooling and HOLY SHIT!
    That's a serious bump in power. I was previously at 489/501 so now I have to be at least at 530 in order for me to feel that much more pull. Steven said others are seeing close to 550 with 100 octane and the matching tune.

Sending logs in tomorrow to review and dial in.
    gbrad, Renaldo1, TRIFECTA and 2 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

justinschmidt1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Props to Trifecta

With race fuel and a matching high timing/high boost tune on these cars id say we can definately see close to 550 or more rwhp.

Id actually say mines close to 600 at this point based on trap speed.

Pretty amazing how theese cars respond to some good fuel and tune.
    Renaldo1 and TwinTurboFan like this.

Almtyscuzzy1 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2016 ATS-V

Another feature I'm looking forward to using this summer is Full Boost Launch Control (FBLC). The benefit of FBLC versus just turning off TC, holding the brake, and mashing the gas on the stock calibration, is the stock calibration with slicks will only build about 3psi whereas the Trifecta tune can build up to 20psi. Trifecta is also working on a lower boost version to be used with stock tires which will come in handy when on street tires.

Thanks
    Almtyscuzzy
    TRIFECTA and Risebelow71 like this.

Renaldo1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '16 ATS-V MT6 Sedan, Alfas: '67 Duetto, '84 GTV6 3.5L 24v/Vette C5 project

While I haven't followed it closely (quick launches and full burn-out shenanigans not in my wheel house at this very moment) I assume there are no real 'aids' for MT equipped cars, other than owners being able to masterfully know when to drop the clutch @ best RPM, and perhaps the best settings for TC and Trackmode/PTM ?

Quote Originally Posted by Renaldo1 View Post
    While I haven't followed it closely (quick launches and full burn-out shenanigans not in my wheel house at this very moment) I assume there are no real 'aids' for MT equipped cars, other than owners being able to masterfully know when to drop the clutch @ best RPM, and perhaps the best settings for TC and Trackmode/PTM ?
    If fast launches are not in your "wheelhouse" what difference does it make?

I mean, you get a manual so you can shift yourself, not much programing can do for that.

slicky is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Still Stock 2017 ATS-V 6MT CWT Sedan, Tuned 2016 Explorer TT

Quote Originally Posted by Leesrt View Post

I mean, you get a manual so you can shift yourself, not much programing can do for that.
    Cant they program it to shift faster on its own?
    Oh never mind.....
    Risebelow71 likes this.

Automobile(s): '16 ATS-V MT6 Sedan, Alfas: '67 Duetto, '84 GTV6 3.5L 24v/Vette C5 project

Not in 'my wheel house' currently. While the dragstrip has never been my focus (main reason is older Alfas were never known for their HP, but their handling), it doesn't mean I wouldn't give it a try at some point in the next couple of years. The ATS-V certainly is a capable car in both a straight line and the twisties! Never say never...
    TwinTurboFan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Renaldo1 View Post

You can go into PTE race mode and use the factory launch control with the stick cars

Hold the brake and push the gas to the floor and it will 2step around 3500 rpm and make a few pounds of boost.

If you are on street tires or dont want to go crazy at the strip this is probably the best way to launch the manual cars.

keep in mind the car will not allow you to do a burnout in any PTE mode

Now if you want to do some full send launches on drag radials then we could have a different conversation on that
    Renaldo1 and TwinTurboFan like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Almtyscuzzy1 View Post
    Another feature I'm looking forward to using this summer is Full Boost Launch Control (FBLC). The benefit of FBLC versus just turning off TC, holding the brake, and mashing the gas on the stock calibration, is the stock calibration with slicks will only build about 3psi whereas the Trifecta tune can build up to 20psi. Trifecta is also working on a lower boost version to be used with stock tires which will come in handy when on street tires.

Thanks
    Almtyscuzzy
    Not to be negative, but I hear this FBLC thrown around a lot from the trifecta tuned guys, sounds cool on paper, I just havent really seen actual real world improvements from this feature.

just saying, The fastest 60 foot from any car is not tuned by trifecta and the fastest trifecta tuned cars 60 foots are basically the same as everyone elses in that ET range.

And on street tires you arent going to want to launch anywhere near that hard without killing the tires
    TwinTurboFan likes this.

Almtyscuzzy1 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2016 ATS-V

Quote Originally Posted by justinschmidt1 View Post
    Not to be negative, but I hear this FBLC thrown around a lot from the trifecta tuned guys, sounds cool on paper, I just havent really seen actual real world improvements from this feature.
    I respect your opinion, but I'm still looking forward to trying it for myself with a set of drag radials.

just saying, The fastest 60 foot from any car is not tuned by trifecta and the fastest trifecta tuned cars 60 foots are basically the same as everyone elses in that ET range.
    Congratulations to all the other tuner cars out there, but maybe better 60 foot times are in store for some Trifecta cars this year.

And on street tires you arent going to want to launch anywhere near that hard without killing the tires
    Hence the reason why Trifecta is looking into a street tire version. If it works, it may be a good option to have.

Thanks
    Almtyscuzzy
    Risebelow71 likes this.

Is it possible to compliment a tuner without having it develop into a mines better then yours. Can we do that?

Concerning the full boost launch, it's a feature that's available. I know you don't have to let it rise to full boost. I let it drop once I saw 5psi and was able to get my 3.9 sec 0-60 on street tires. Not for everyone but at least it's an option that otherwise would not be doable.
    Risebelow71 and Almtyscuzzy1 like this.

Is it possible to compliment a tuner without having it develop into a mines better then yours. Can we do that?
    But my Schwanz IS the biggest!!

Lol (boys will be boys)

A little 'good natured' competition is always good, but I can see how it bleeds over in to threads related to a specific vendor, diluting the initial OP intent. 'Impulse control' on the internet is a hard thing to come by (no pun intended).

ascastil is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Just tried the 2 step on the wife's car this past weekend on brand new mpss, stock size. No bueno... Maybe it'll work with a drag radial.

2016caddyATSV is offline Cadillac Owners Member

MPSS or new 4S? I switched to Hankook RS-4 on the rear. Good for Autocross & Drag without having to change tire for daily driving & rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Almtyscuzzy1 View Post
    I respect your opinion, but I'm still looking forward to trying it for myself with a set of drag radials.

Congratulations to all the other tuner cars out there, but maybe better 60 foot times are in store for some Trifecta cars this year.

Hence the reason why Trifecta is looking into a street tire version. If it works, it may be a good option to have.

Thanks
    Almtyscuzzy

Thats fine, go for it. The "street tire" version is just normally footbraking it up a little and easing into the throttle lol

Concerning the full boost launch, it's a feature that's available. I know you don't have to let it rise to full boost. I let it drop once I saw 5psi and was able to get my 3.9 sec 0-60 on street tires. Not for everyone but at least it's an option that otherwise would not be doable.
    Sounds like a lot of you are just overly sensitive....I didnt mention my tuner or any other tuner. Wasnt saying anything bad about trifecta, was just discussing the feature he brought up. Sounds like a cool feature, im just saying in the real world it doesnt seem to really yield any better results than just plain old footbraking it up....now that may be largely because our factory turbos are so responsive that there isnt any kinda of issue with lag or getting into boost very quickly.

Footbraking it up to 3-6psi at launch probably has full boost at a few mph or something on these cars.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in