Borla exhaust on my 2014 Performance 2.0T with manual transmission
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac ATS Performance Forum Discussion, Borla exhaust on my 2014 Performance 2.0T with manual transmission in Cadillac ATS Forums; Hi all, Just wanted to let you know that even though the Borla site says the exhaust is for 2013 ...
    Phantom-ATS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS Performance 2.0T 6MT

Borla exhaust on my 2014 Performance 2.0T with manual transmission

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that even though the Borla site says the exhaust is for 2013 automatic models, it fit my 2014 manual perfectly... and sounds amazing! If you look under your car and have two pipes going into your muffler, it will work!

IMG_4835.jpg

Video with windows down and moonroof open:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzmLmWk5QL0

-J

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

3. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Cashmony is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2017 ATS (Manual)

Re: Borla exhaust on my 2014 Performance 2.0T with manual transmission

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom-ATS View Post
    Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that even though the Borla site says the exhaust is for 2013 automatic models, it fit my 2014 manual perfectly... and sounds amazing! If you look under your car and have two pipes going into your muffler, it will work!

IMG_4835.jpg

Video with windows down and moonroof open:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzmLmWk5QL0

-J
    sounds nice! I'm leaning towards Corsa but this sounds really good, may have to rethink it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Sergio526 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Luxury ATS 2.0T Manual

That sounded really good. I don't want an exhaust that's louder, just deeper/throatyer. I understand that it's an impossible request, but this didn't sound all that much louder and might just past the wife test.

6. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Phantom-ATS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS Performance 2.0T 6MT

Thank you! The exhaust is slightly louder than stock and is not as loud as it is in my video when the windows are up. IMHO it's got the perfect tone to it and doesn't sound like a 4cyl at all. As for the wife test - my wife didn't even notice that I installed it, lol! It sounds very "natural".

ccclarke is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum

Normally, I'd recommend checking out a Corsa exhaust system, (no drone) having installed two on other Cadillac V-8s and comparing them to comparable Borla systems. But after listening to their implementation of it for the 2013+ 2.0 four-banger ATS, it sounds too much like the fart cans the cable TV installers (who park next to where I work) all seem to run on their Japanese gobots. Epic fail Corsa, for otherwise stellar exhaust notes.

Listen and weep. The Borla cannot sound worse than this: http://www.corsaperformance.com/view...4888&cfg=1515#

CC

BlkVee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2013 ATS 2.0T
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom-ATS View Post
    Thank you! The exhaust is slightly louder than stock and is not as loud as it is in my video when the windows are up. IMHO it's got the perfect tone to it and doesn't sound like a 4cyl at all. As for the wife test - my wife didn't even notice that I installed it, lol! It sounds very "natural".
    Is it really not much louder than stock? I read from someone that the Borla is "much much louder than stock" . I'm really looking for a sportier tone. The factory exhaust is dead quiet. I just want something like those G37 Coupes or 350Z factory exhausts in terms of decibels. I even tried fitting one of those mufflers but it didn't work. I installed the ZZP Stage 1 kit and Morimoto intercooler piping kit today. The car feels great but it is really lacking some kind of exhaust note.

raflyer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0T + 2011 CTS4

How do you drive with that plate and not get a ticket? LOL

$270 including installation. Sounds just like I wanted. Got a pair of 14" Borla Pro XS and voila.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio526 View Post
    That sounded really good. I don't want an exhaust that's louder, just deeper/throatyer. I understand that it's an impossible request, but this didn't sound all that much louder and might just past the wife test.
    That's exactly what I got with the Borlas I installed. Might be too quiet for some, though. The ZZP CAI is still louder than the exhaust.

Shaitan is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlkVee View Post
    That's exactly what I got with the Borlas I installed. Might be too quiet for some, though. The ZZP CAI is still louder than the exhaust.
    BlkVee, any chance you have a youtube or other video to show how your exhaust sounds?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaitan View Post
    BlkVee, any chance you have a youtube or other video to show how your exhaust sounds?
    I could make one and post it. It is so quiet though. I'll try and will post link when I do. It is not louder than a stock 350Z or G35. So, if you want it louder than that, I would suggest you go with a different setup.

i'm looking for a little louder than stock, deep tone, no drone, and of course good flow. i have a catless down pipe, and was thinking of getting rid of the resonator and second cat for flow purposes.

i'm looking for a little louder than stock, deep tone, no drone, and of course good flow. i have a catless down pipe, and was thinking of getting rid of the resonator and second cat for flow purposes.
    I'm not a fan of removing resonators. Hate the rasp. Especially if you already removed a cat. You might get good results with my setup perhaps. Borlas sound clean and deep. If you removed a cat then yours will be a bit louder than mine with the high flow cat. For $200 in mufflers you can't go wrong. If it's still too quiet, you can always remove the resonator if it doesn't bother you.

Ragtop 99 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T RWD, DP, Intake, HPT, CC

Pull them both off and replace with a metal matrix high flow cat. They flow excellent and maintain some environment benefits, plus you'll get a little more sound.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkVee View Post
    $270 including installation. Sounds just like I wanted. Got a pair of 14" Borla Pro XS and voila.
    is this offset to offset? i think i may give this a whirl. amazon has the mufflers for $94 a piece.

19. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in