Anyone use CRC intake cleaner?
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS Performance Forum Discussion, Anyone use CRC intake cleaner? in Cadillac ATS Forums; Hi had anyone used the crc intake valve/turbo cleaner product to help with coking and valve cleaning? Results?...
    wrcklsmestiso619 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Auto.

Anyone use CRC intake cleaner?

Hi had anyone used the crc intake valve/turbo cleaner product to help with coking and valve cleaning? Results?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

3. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Sergio526 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Luxury ATS 2.0T Manual

Re: Anyone use CRC intake cleaner?

I used it, but I honestly don't know if it did anything. In fact, I think it almost hydrolocked my engine. I think a little pooled up somewhere in the system, so when I was doing the last step, drive it hard, which happened to coincide with an uphill climb, I think the leftover liquid all got sucked in at the same time. There was a loud bang and it almost stalled out, then sputtered and shook for a few hundred feet, then, luckily, back to normal.

I can tell you that my turbo blades look spotless, but I've never looked at my valves. The reviews and images on the internet seem to say it's a good product. I've been running catch cans ever since, so I hopefully don't needs any valve or turbo cleaning again and I'd be hesitant to do so based solely on my personal experience with it. Maybe I did it wrong, and if I did, that scares me even more because I'm pretty sure I followed those directions EXACTLY.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in