Video: Drag Racing | 2015 Cadillac ATS 2.0T AWD | New England Dragway
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Video: Drag Racing | 2015 Cadillac ATS 2.0T AWD | New England Dragway in Cadillac ATS Forums; It's true. Drag racing is the most fun you can have with pants on (watch the video). In Epping, NH, ...
    sstressfl is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2015 ATS 2.0t AWD

Video: Drag Racing | 2015 Cadillac ATS 2.0T AWD | New England Dragway

It's true. Drag racing is the most fun you can have with pants on (watch the video). In Epping, NH, Wednesday and Friday are Street Nights/Test & Tune at New England Dragway. The track is about 2 hours from Woodstock, VT. So I left work at 5pm and headed south on hwy 89, to 93, to 101, exit 8. I was very curious to so see how well my 2015 Cadillac ATS 2.0t AWD would do in the quarter mile. It's been awhile since I've been to the race track (2004!) so I forgot a few things, but it didn't take too long to get it sorted out. And, by the way, drag racing can be stressful at first. But the team at NED is excellent. Professional. Helpful. They make the new guys feel welcome, even when we do idiot things.

rsingl, jimmie jam, Long and 3 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

3. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Kylebennett7127 is online now Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Video: Drag Racing | 2015 Cadillac ATS 2.0T AWD | New England Dragway

AWD/RWD? Bone stock?

Looks fun though

Quote Originally Posted by Kylebennett7127 View Post
    AWD/RWD? Bone stock?

Looks fun though
    It says 2.0t AWD in the title If I had mods I would have listed them! It's bone stock. WAIT! I added a K&N air filter. Which is good for 30+ hp, at least.

6. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by sstressfl View Post
    It says 2.0t AWD in the title If I had mods I would have listed them! It's bone stock. WAIT! I added a K&N air filter. Which is good for 30+ hp, at least.
    Ha. Sorry I missed that. I went straight for the meat and potatoes. How much does it cost for the track experience?
    sstressfl likes this.

Ha. Sorry I missed that. I went straight for the meat and potatoes. How much does it cost for the track experience?
    $25! Gates open at 5pm close at 10pm. Run as many times as you like. There were only 20 cars there so it was easy passes. Great way to tweak your car (mods) and the safest way to trash on it/go fast.

$25! Gates open at 5pm close at 10pm. Run as many times as you like. There were only 20 cars there so it was easy passes. Great way to tweak your car (mods) and the safest way to trash on it/go fast.
    Thanks for posting. I have the US 131 about an hour from me. I may eventually make my way out there once I get a few things done.
    sstressfl likes this.

Thanks for posting. I have the US 131 about an hour from me. I may eventually make my way out there once I get a few things done.
    I was born and raised on that track! Lived in GR until I was 4 and Kentwood until I was 11. My dad bracket raced a 1964 Sport Fury.

martin-131-fury.jpg
    RonBaker likes this.

jeffbazell1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AWD

That was awesome.
    sstressfl likes this.

That’s awesome. I love south over on Lake Michigan. Living the beach life
    sstressfl likes this.

Long is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '89 Coupe deVille 4.5L V8, '10 CTS4 3.6L DI Performance/Luxury sedan

Another great vid.
    Always entertaining!
    sstressfl likes this.

RudyF6 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2016 ATS4 2.0T and a bunch of other stuff....

Nice!
    sstressfl likes this.

Ragtop 99 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T RWD, DP, Intake, HPT, CC

what did you run? DA?

schwinn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6L Premium

I raced my previous car (Stage 2 Subaru Legacy GT, stock everything else) at that track, as well as a few slower, previous cars. It's a lot of fun, indeed! I didn't break anything, but that's the only risk you need to be aware of... I was afraid of snapping an axle or something on the LGT, since it's AWD. But, I did take down a few cars... and almost took an F150 Lightning... the LGT just ran out of breath at the 1/8th and the Lightning walked to a finish. Still, my best was like a 13.4...

Again, it's good cheap fun. As someone else said, what time did you get?

In the end, it's not about the time really... and you certainly learn very quickly that there is a skill involved... it's not just about jamming the pedal (well, it was for my manual trans LGT). Never got the ATS there, as I've since moved to CT...

Quote Originally Posted by schwinn View Post
    I raced my previous car (Stage 2 Subaru Legacy GT, stock everything else) at that track, as well as a few slower, previous cars. It's a lot of fun, indeed! I didn't break anything, but that's the only risk you need to be aware of... I was afraid of snapping an axle or something on the LGT, since it's AWD. But, I did take down a few cars... and almost took an F150 Lightning... the LGT just ran out of breath at the 1/8th and the Lightning walked to a finish. Still, my best was like a 13.4...

Again, it's good cheap fun. As someone else said, what time did you get?

In the end, it's not about the time really... and you certainly learn very quickly that there is a skill involved... it's not just about jamming the pedal (well, it was for my manual trans LGT). Never got the ATS there, as I've since moved to CT...
    My ET is in the video! I made 4 runs.

I grew up turning wrenches and weekend bracket racing. My last race was in 2004 in Milton, FL. Back then my '99 WS6 ran high 11s and I lived alone (lots of disposable cash). But I met my wife when I moved to Vermont (work related move) and got married, had kids.... and my WS6 turned into a minivan. It was great to be back on the track again. But it has been a long time and I felt like a noob. But it didn't take long for it to come back.

For Father's day my wife bought me a New England Dragway Gift Card good for 2 more Street Night events! I'll be going back. Hopefully next time will be with the whole family.
    schwinn and Karl_1052 like this.

My ET is in the video! I made 4 runs.

I grew up turning wrenches and weekend bracket racing. My last race was in 2004 in Milton, FL. Back then my '99 WS6 ran high 11s and I lived alone (lots of disposable cash). But I met my wife when I moved to Vermont (work related move) and got married, had kids.... and my WS6 turned into a minivan. It was great to be back on the track again. But it has been a long time and I felt like a noob. But it didn't take long for it to come back.

For Father's day my wife bought me a New England Dragway Gift Card good for 2 more Street Night events! I'll be going back. Hopefully next time will be with the whole family.
    Two more track events, perfects! For the sake of the community- it woul dbe great if you could do a mod or two and test your times. The do a few more and get the times for those! Im sure you are modding so im kidding.....but seriously though =)

19. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in