Xt4 loaner
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mpreissner
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Xt4 loaner in Cadillac ATS Forums; ...
    mpreissner is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2017 ATS Premium Luxury

Xt4 loaner

Got my 17 ATS in for service (cue screen, power steering recall, suspected wheel bearing failure). Theyíre claiming no parts available for the recall which is BS, screen is getting replaced tomorrow, but they canít hear my failing wheel bearing...what crap.

Anyway, got a brand new XT4 sport loaner and OMG I might have to replace my wifeís Mazda CX-5 with this. The new CUE interface is much more pleasant, responsive, and I love that there are actual buttons for things like climate control. The new screen looks to be of much better design...Iíll be surprised if they suffer the same issue as the old design. Only drawback is the XT4 trunk is smaller than our CX-5, which just might be a dealbreaker since I have a 3.5 year old and an 8 week old (how do babies need that much crap to travel?!?).

Anyway, Iíll try to get some pics before I have to turn it back into the dealer, just thought Iíd share thatís itís a great machine...if only it were 3 years old, low mileage, and wonderfully depreciated so I could afford to buy one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CadillacGM likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

3. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

artscadillac is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Prev: 2004+2007 CTS 3.6 - 2016 ATS 2.0T AWD Lux. Now: 2018 ATS 2.0T AWD Luxury

Re: Xt4 loaner

How did the new 4 cyl turbo perform?

That is going in the CT4 + CT5.

Etilley is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS 5MT(previous); 2015 ATS 2.0t AWD AT(current)

I was given an XT4 for a day while my ATS had the steering mount recall performed. I concur with your assessment - it was a really nice ride. I went into it thinking I'd hate it as I'm not a fan of the whole CUV craze. The engine was very responsive and worked very well with the 9AT (smoother shifts and better power delivery than my 6AT). Ended up putting about 100-125 miles on it. My only complaint was the shifter - it was counter intuitive at first. I'm glad the dealership gave me a quick walk through how it worked before hending over the keys. That said, by the end of the day I was becoming used to the motions required for Park/Drive/Reverse. Oh, and the back up camera is MUCH better resolution than my ATS.

6. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Etilley is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS 5MT(previous); 2015 ATS 2.0t AWD AT(current)

Sorry forgot to ask - which dealer in MD? I went to Frankel and had no issue... in fact, I went in for a routine 45,000 mile service and they proactively asked me if they could address the open recall.

mpreissner is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2017 ATS Premium Luxury

I agree with Etilley. The 4-banger is smooth with the 9AT, rides great. The Sport trim has available MRC, not sure if my loaner has it or not, but that would be sweet.

My dealer is Miller Brothers in Ellicott City. Theyíve been pretty good so far, but I do all my own maintenance so Iím only there when I have an issue that should be under warranty. Looking forward to being out of warranty though...the wife is letting me build my own engine once the CPO is up. Canít wait to have some fun with the LGX. Can we say twin-snails...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sydtron is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6 Premium RWD

Quote Originally Posted by mpreissner View Post
    The Sport trim has available MRC, not sure if my loaner has it or not, but that would be sweet.
    It doesn't have MRC, but Sport trim has available CDC dampers with electronically adjusting valves. The XT4 needs to be Sport trim order with the "SPORT DYNAMICS PACKAGE" to get that, then you also get 20" wheels instead of 18"s. I'm guessing the CDC system is very similar to the one on the XT5, in which case the difference between Normal and Sport is a nice increase in body control. Personally I thought the XT5 Sport mode suspension setting should have been Normal, so hoping the XT4 is a bit more aggressive in its suspension calibration. I tend to drive at grandpa speeds, and in Normal I pulled about 29 MPG out of a loaner XT5 after a few weeks - Sport tanks the fuel economy by allowing more AWD power split, and changing the throttle and transmission tuning; I really wanted the tight body control, but with "eco" everything else, hoping the XT4 allows that. CDC is nothing like the difference in feel that MRC gets you though, switching to Sport in my ATS feels like adding Quikrete to the dampers.

10. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in