CUE and Navigation Question
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, CUE and Navigation Question in Cadillac ATS Forums; My ATS does not have built-in navigation. I navigate by either getting directions downloaded via a call to OnStar or ...
    Melze is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2016 ATS Coupe Luxury Edition Velocity Red

CUE and Navigation Question

My ATS does not have built-in navigation. I navigate by either getting directions downloaded via a call to OnStar or tethering my phone to the car and using Google Maps or Waze via the Projection app on the CUE system. My question(s). Since GPS is already part of the CUE systenm, is the navigation app buried in the CUE system and can be, for lack of a better word, unlocked? Or is it an entirely different CUE in a navigation enabled car? And/or, can the Navigation app be retrofitted to a non-navigation car?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

3. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Samephil is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS
    From what i know it has to be programmed to activate it, but thats only at the dealer but i also think its a whole new unit that it might need. But regardless its not as easy as it seems to get nav

Re: CUE and Navigation Question

Quote Originally Posted by Samephil View Post
    From what i know it has to be programmed to activate it, but thats only at the dealer but i also think its a whole new unit that it might need. But regardless its not as easy as it seems to get nav
    Thanks for the reply. I'll prowl the parts catalog to see if it's really a whole new unit. I'd pay a reasonable amount to have the dealer turn it on, if that's a possibility, but I don't think I'd go through a unit swap.

6. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

SaveTheManuals is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0T 6spd manual Performance RWD

Good question, wondered this myself since I'm the same boat as you. I've never used OnStar, easier and faster just to pull something up on my phone. But it would be nice to have factory NAV. Hope to hear you report back with what you find out...I don't think I'd pay more than $150 or so to have it programmed.

Quote Originally Posted by SaveTheManuals View Post
    Good question, wondered this myself since I'm the same boat as you. I've never used OnStar, easier and faster just to pull something up on my phone. But it would be nice to have factory NAV. Hope to hear you report back with what you find out...I don't think I'd pay more than $150 or so to have it programmed.
    IF it can be programmed. Still owrking on that. I'll post if/when I find out the answer.
    SaveTheManuals likes this.

Just found this thread from 2013 https://tinyurl.com/y6ayj2ob . A lot can change in 6 years though. I'll keep hunting for a while.

artscadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Prev: 2004+2007 CTS 3.6 - 2016 ATS 2.0T AWD Lux. Now: 2018 ATS 2.0T AWD Luxury

Nav also comes with the upgraded Centerpoint Surround Bose, so there is more than just Nav or not.

This doesn't answer your question. If there was an accessory upgrade to Nav, it would likely be $1,000+.

If there isn't any special computer requirements for Nav, it's possible that it's in there and gets turned on when we pay for
    the option.
    Melze likes this.

RudyF6 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2016 ATS4 2.0T and a bunch of other stuff....

My car has Centerpoint Surround Bose, but no nav. I bought the Android Auto upgrade for that capability - mine's an early build 2016 and had only Car Play from the factory).
    Having used both (I've had a lot of loaners lately), I much prefer Waze and Google maps to the factory nav. More accurate and more info available.

^Me too, have the upper tier Bose system, but no NAV.

Whoever ordered my car configured it weird. It's a Performance and has auto dimming rear view and side mirrors, heated mirrors/seats, 12 way adjustable front seats, LED door handles, forward collision/lane change warning, parking sensors, etc etc. But no sunroof and it has the lowly 17" wheels. Nearly every other Performance I looked at had a sunroof and 18" wheels. Anyway that's neither here nor there.

SweetBlackATS4 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6 Premium AWD

Quote Originally Posted by SaveTheManuals View Post
    ^Me too, have the upper tier Bose system, but no NAV.

Whoever ordered my car configured it weird. It's a Performance and has auto dimming rear view and side mirrors, heated mirrors/seats, 12 way adjustable front seats, LED door handles, forward collision/lane change warning, parking sensors, etc etc. But no sunroof and it has the lowly 17" wheels. Nearly every other Performance I looked at had a sunroof and 18" wheels. Anyway that's neither here nor there.
    I wish my car had no sunroof... I could have used the head clearance (i'm 6'5")
    RudyF6 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetBlackATS4 View Post
    I wish my car had no sunroof... I could have used the head clearance (i'm 6'5")
    It does make a difference with head room. Actually I'm glad now it doesn't have one, I seem to hear so many people complain about GM sunroof issues. Which is funny to me considering the sunroof in my 20 year old Accord coupe works flawlessly lol. If I did have one though, I'd have it open all the time and would probably be killing CUE screens faster lol. I also like the look of the car without it. Never thought I'd say that.

Renaldo1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '16 ATS-V MT6 Sedan, Alfas: '67 Duetto, '84 GTV6 3.5L 24v/Vette C5 project

Probably not inexpensive, but I'd reach out to this 3rd party company which is well versed in GM Nav systems, and providing both h/w and s/w updates.

https://www.gm-navigation.com/upgrad...gation-system/

Quote Originally Posted by Renaldo1 View Post
    Probably not inexpensive, but I'd reach out to this 3rd party company which is well versed in GM Nav systems, and providing both h/w and s/w updates.

https://www.gm-navigation.com/upgrad...gation-system/
    $699.00 for an ATS system.

OHHEY is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS v6

Quote Originally Posted by Melze View Post
    My ATS does not have built-in navigation. I navigate by either getting directions downloaded via a call to OnStar or tethering my phone to the car and using Google Maps or Waze via the Projection app on the CUE system. My question(s). Since GPS is already part of the CUE systenm, is the navigation app buried in the CUE system and can be, for lack of a better word, unlocked? Or is it an entirely different CUE in a navigation enabled car? And/or, can the Navigation app be retrofitted to a non-navigation car?
    This is exactly the problem with factory nav systems, they are out of date even before the first car gets made and they never seem to be updated enough. Nav systems need to be updated in real time and factory systems we never get that. Phone projection will have to do until we can run Google Maps and Waze in the dash with a high speed data link. Cars need to get where phones are and have head units that can update all the time, not just for maps but everything. The problem is the dealers make a lot of money doing recalls and updates and they don't want car makers to do that.
    Melze likes this.

Jaybird111475 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2016 ATS 2.0T Coupe Velocity Red

This is good information. I too have a 2016 2.0T Coupe and no nav that I can find. I have to contact Onstar and have them downloan where I want to go. Its very disappointing.

19. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in