60,000 mi. service questions
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, 60,000 mi. service questions in Cadillac ATS Forums; I have a 2015 2.0L ATS. It has about 58,000 miles on it, and the serpentine belt makes a chirping ...
    phdibart is online now Cadillac Owners Member

60,000 mi. service questions

I have a 2015 2.0L ATS. It has about 58,000 miles on it, and the serpentine belt makes a chirping noise, so I was going to replace it and the tensioner pulley. I was also going to change the transmission fluid, brake fluid, brake pads, spark plugs, and rear diff oil.

Belt question: I searched and found a bunch of stuff for the CTS, SRX, etc, but not the ATS. Is there anything special to know? I've changed belts before, and it should be fairly easy because this is a RWD vehicle as the belt is facing front, but this is also the nicest car I've had and I don't want to screw anything up.

Transmission fluid question: Regarding the transmission fluid, again, I've done this many times on other cars, even dropped pans and changed filters, but all I've found says to just drain and refill this car. Couldn't be any simpler than that. Is there anything special to know about doing this on this car?

Brake pad questions: This is a two part question...(1) which pads and (2) are the rear pistons a pain to get back in, or are they straight forward screw type? I plan on going with OEM AC Delco pads, but I've found several that fit my car and can't narrow down a single part number. I found part # 22799077 for cars without heavy duty brakes or performance brakes. I did not get this car with any options, so I would assume I don't have performance brakes. Since the front rotors say Cadillac, I'm assuming these aren't relabeled Brembos. Amazon says these are for the JE5 code, but I cannot find out what that code means.

I have also found part # 171-1107 for code JE2, which appear to be Brembo pads for the performance brakes. Lastly, I've found 171-1113, which Amazon says fits both JE2 and JE5. Any help here would be much appreciated!

I intend to stick with AC Delco parts unless there is clearly a better alternative, like with brake pads. But the OEM stuff has performed very well for the past 58,000 miles, so I'm not in a rush to switch.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

3. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

SaveTheManuals is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0T 6spd manual Performance RWD

Re: 60,000 mi. service questions

JE5 is the standard/non-Brembo caliper setup, and J55 is the Brembo calipers. If your front calipers have a small Brembo logo under the Cadillac script, or if you look at the RPO plaque in the trunk (under carpet up toward front of trunk on passenger side) and you see code J55 listed, then you have Brembo brakes. I thought all 2.0T's came with Brembo's but I could be wrong.

I plan to drain and fill my transmission, but I have a manual. Might be different for autos, have you tried searching the site for answers to your questions? I'm sure this has been discussed before and you might find exactly what you need to know.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in