2014 ATS 2.0T Water dripping outside below drivers seat
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, 2014 ATS 2.0T Water dripping outside below drivers seat in Cadillac ATS Forums; So I'm out of the B2B warranty and looks like I hit my first problem. I noticed water dripping on ...
    mclarenrulz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0T
    So I'm out of the B2B warranty and looks like I hit my first problem. I noticed water dripping on the ground right below where the driver's pedals are. I scoured though all threads on this forum and I didn't find any posts about this. There were posts about water pooling up on the driver's side carpet area but the carpets are completely dry. I checked the color of the liquid and it's transparent, so I've ruled out coolant/washer fluid. The liquid is not oily to touch (it’s definitely water). Any ideas what's going on ? Has anyone hit a similar issue and found a fix ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

3. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

rsingl is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 3.6 Premium RWD, 2016 Corvette Z06, 2018 GMC Sierra Denali 2500HD Diesel

Re: 2014 Cadillac ATS 2.0T Water dripping outside below drivers seat

Sounds like condensate from the air conditioning system is finding its way in that direction. One of the ATS design issues is a poor condensate drain system which helps create the musty HVAC odor issue.

Does it feel oily? If not that rules out brake fluid which comes in many colors.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, install a sound system
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD

Re: 2014 ATS 2.0T Water dripping outside below drivers seat

Sounds like normal A/C condensate. At least its dripping on the ground, where it's supposed to.

Someone will know exactly where the rubber drain elbow for condensate is on the ATS models. My STS pisses away happily on the passenger side of the lower HVAC stack, down at the turn of the firewall to floor pan.

The drain sometimes gets clogged with lint and then the drain sump overflows onto the front footwell carpets.

6. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

mclarenrulz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0T
    Quote Originally Posted by rsingl View Post
    Sounds like condensate from the air conditioning system is finding its way in that direction. One of the ATS design issues is a poor condensate drain system which helps create the musty HVAC odor issue.

Does it feel oily? If not that rules out brake fluid which comes in many colors.
    nope, not oily. It’s definitely water (Updated post)

rsingl is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 3.6 Premium RWD, 2016 Corvette Z06, 2018 GMC Sierra Denali 2500HD Diesel

Re: 2014 ATS 2.0T Water dripping outside below drivers seat

Since it is water, that is almost certainly from the AC system and collecting water is normal (it dehumidifies air as it cools it) but if you are suddenly noticing a lot of water in a different place then it sounds like the drain tube may be clogged.

I looked at the GM parts online site but they don't provide a detailed view of the case around the evaporator which is where the drain will be located. The AC evaporator (which is where the condensate originates) and the heater core are located in a case on the passenger side of the ATS so you should be able to trace the water trail back to that area if it is AC condensate. Basically make sure the drain hole is open and hasn't been closed up by debris or insect activity. I recall GM had some TSBs about the drain issue associated with the "swamp" odor from the HVAC system so there are likely multiple variations of the drain outlet for the ATS.

9. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in